0.92.0 possibly broke my mqtt

ah … sorry … I don’t understand how to downgrade to a lower version :frowning:

You select a different image. Instead of writing n8nio/n8n you write n8nio/n8n:0.91.0. Do not know Proxmox, so have no idea how it works there. But somewhere you have to define the name of the image to run and that is where you have to define it with version instead of without.

will try tomorrow … I reinstalled a VM with docker … so this is full ubuntu now with docker … nothing special (though it runs within proxmox)

ok … so I stopped n8n and did:
sudo docker pull n8nio/n8n:0.91.0

It installed well but after start I still have 0:93.0

sudo docker ps -a shows only the docker I had installed this afternoon

If you have a docker-compose file like this:

n8n:
    image: n8nio/n8n
    restart: always

You have to change it to:

n8n:
    image: n8nio/n8n:0.91.0
    restart: always

I followed your instructions up to “5. Create docker-comose file” because it is unclear to me where to put the docker-compose.yml file. The same is the case for the “.env” file :frowning:

That does not matter. Put it wherever you want. Just make sure that you put both of the files in the same folder.

I am so far now … the Service starts but I cannot reach it. My only use is to reach it in my LAN so I cannot configure Subdomain and Domain (I think). The url I need to use is: http://192.168.178.118:5678/workflow

Also I haven’t found out how to use the tunnel in docker-compose.yml

daniel@n8n:~/.n8n$ sudo docker-compose up -d
WARNING: The SUBDOMAIN variable is not set. Defaulting to a blank string.
WARNING: The DOMAIN_NAME variable is not set. Defaulting to a blank string.
Starting n8n_traefik_1 … done
Starting n8n_n8n_1 … done
daniel@n8n:~/.n8n$

After reboot:
daniel@n8n:~$ sudo docker ps -a
[sudo] password for daniel:
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
cddcc24ebe31 n8nio/n8n:0.91.0 “tini – /docker-ent…” 19 minutes ago Up 26 seconds 127.0.0.1:5678->5678/tcp n8n_n8n_1
47283719fd6a traefik “/entrypoint.sh --ap…” 21 minutes ago Up 26 seconds 80/tcp, 0.0.0.0:443->443/tcp n8n_traefik_1
e0cc2f7d9f9f n8nio/n8n “tini – /docker-ent…” 46 hours ago Exited (128) 20 hours ago n8n
daniel@n8n:~$ sudo ufw status verbose

@jan … pls don’t give up on me … currently I have no n8n because my docker issues aren’t solved :pensive:

@harshil1712 … hy … do you maybe have an idea?

Ah I am very sorry @daniello . Did sadly not find any time right now to look into it. What docker-compose file are you using? Does whatever computer/server you are running it on a fixed IP address?

I’m using the docker-compose from your instructions … and yes … n8n has a static IP in my LAN from the 192.168.178.x subnet.

We have multiple docker-compose files in our Github repository. Additionally, do we have one in the docs under “Server Setup” which one are you using?

the one from the page you had provided:

Yes I also provided that link with some other examples which would be better for your use case:

Actually starting n8n directly without docker-compose like this, would be even simpler:

docker run -it --rm \
	--name n8n \
	-p 5678:5678 \
	-v ~/.n8n:/root/.n8n \
	n8nio/n8n

More information about that can also be found here:

The Server Setup guide is for web-servers. It requires you to have a fixed IP address (not a local IP address, one that is web accessible) and your own domain. Looking at the IP address you did post, does it not seem to be the case here. To run n8n properly (not just for testing and playing around) you would need this web server with your own domain and fixed IP.

Thanks … I now have 0.91.0 running and what really amazes me … mqtt still doesn’t work. Something else must have changed and I have no idea what. Though I am also not 100% sure that this is the version I had when it worked. I can show some screenshots though … maybe you have an idea:

Please note the ports :frowning:

This is what happens when I connect MQTT-Box with ioBroker … all is good. But it doesn’t see a connection from n8n (which is clear when you look at the screenshots before).

made new credentials … in case db is corrupt … but same thing

As I wrote above did we not make a single change to the node since it got created. The only thing that could have changed is the underlying library code. If it worked before you can try to use the oldest version of n8n which included the MQTT-Node. That would be [email protected]. If it works in that version you know that the underlying library changes caused the problems. If it does also not work in that version, you know that it has nothing to do with n8n.

Found this in Terminal window:

(node:7) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 192.168.178.115:1883
    at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1145:16)
(node:7) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throw                                                        ing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .                                                        catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejectio                                                        ns=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 1)
(node:7) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise re                                                        jections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
(node:7) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 192.168.178.115:1883
(node:7) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throw                                                        ing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .                                                        catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejectio                                                        ns=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 2)
(node:7) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throw                                                        ing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .                                                        catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejectio                                                        ns=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 3)
(node:7) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throw                                                        ing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .                                                        catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejectio                                                        ns=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 4)
(node:7) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throw                                                        ing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .                                                        catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejectio                                                        ns=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 5)
(node:7) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throw                                                        ing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .                                                        catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejectio                                                        ns=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 6)

0.80.0 works … 0.91.0 onwards doesn’t (only tested 91 and 93)