"302 - undefined" response in HTTP Request node

Hi,

I’m trying to subscribe a user to Sendy using the Sendy API in HTTP Request node.

I post data as “Form URL encoded” body content type.

When I execute the node, it ends up with “302 - Undefined” error.
But in reality, I see the email that I post gets added to Sendy mailing list.

Please let me know if it is a known bug and how I can get rid of it.
Following is the complete error log:

NodeApiError: UNKNOWN ERROR - check the detailed error for more information
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/HttpRequest.node.js:810:27)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5)
    at async /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/src/WorkflowExecute.js:424:47

The status of the POST request is “Rejected”.

Thanks for helping me solve this issue.

Regards,
Bala

Is there a reason why you have to use the HTTP Request node instead of using the special Sendy node?

1 Like

Jan, I didn’t realize there is a Sendy node.

I tried the Sendy node (Subscriber Add option). And I get this error:
ERROR: Sendy error response [400]: Unable to decrypt string with openssl_decrypt()

NodeOperationError: Sendy error response [400]: Unable to decrypt string with openssl_decrypt()
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Sendy/Sendy.node.js:138:31)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5)
    at async /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/src/WorkflowExecute.js:424:47

Wow, that is interesting. Nothing changed on our side, even tried with the first n8n version which did support Sendy (0.87.0), and there it displays the same error. So I would assume it is an error on the Sendy side and not n8n.

@jan I have opened a discussion in the Sendy forum, but it’s pending approval.
But when I use postman with the same set of headers and params, it works. What does n8n do differently?

That is interesting. Honestly no idea what we do differently. Maybe something on the Sendy side got changed in the meantime? Because generally did we not change anything on the node since we created it 8 months ago.
Maybe the error message means actually something totally different like that the credentials are invalid or are expired. That would at least make sense for ours as they must have expired in the meantime.