A few questions regarding how data is dealt with

I have what is becoming a rather involved workflow. I am grabbing data from 7 api’s and then picking and choosing fields from each API to go into a single entry in a custom module in my CRM.

I have a few issues, which I am sure all are easy fixes.

• When I get to the end of my api calls, I have a switch set up. If it is already in the CRM, it updates it. If it is not in the CRM, it adds it.
    I keep getting an errror, {“code”:“MANDATORY_NOT_FOUND”,“details”:{“api_name”:“data”,“json_path”:“$.data”},“message”:“required field not found”,“status”:“error”}
    I looked it up, and it appears the post data needs to be in a “data” json, but I can’t figure out to change it
    here is their sample input
{
	"data": [
		{

"What_Id": {
				"id": "3652397000006067001"
			},
			"$se_module": "Leads",```

here is my workflow

n8n version: self hosted 1.20.0
Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

@djjace , it is not clear from your description which node errors. I would assume you are referring to one of the final (or both) HTTP Request nodes (your CRM - Zoho).

Moreover, I find it odd that “Update Property CRM”, which presumably meant to update a record in your CRM, uses GET request. I would expect to see either POST or PUT instead. It seems to be misconfigured.

Also, your sample input seems to be broken. If your input data is in the form

{
	"data": [
		{

"What_Id": {
				"id": "3652397000006067001"
			},
			"$se_module": "Leads"
                . . .
       ]
}

then you have not composed the data correctly to be used in Zoho API.

Here’s an example how to convert your data (the one in “Edit Fields”) into the right format. This is for demonstration purpose to give you an idea.

2 Likes

thanks for the reply. that is what I am looking for.

I do have one question. I am going to be using data from 6 of the previous nodes, would I use a set node before the concatenate node to gather all my fields into one node, then create the list from that?

1 Like

@djjace , yes, sounds good to me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.