Adding Zoho books to Zoho CRM node

My team and I plan to work on adding zoho books into the zoho node we have in n8n.

There are few things we couldn’t understand. If some one from community help us out then it would be great.

Questions:

1. Should this be a separate node? I think both are related to Zoho so I thought of extending the existing one
  2. How is the token being managed in current Zoho CRM nodes for leads?
    After the oAuth app is connected there is a request which we need to make to get the token and that token will be used for further requests. That’s what I understood from Zoho’s docs. I might be wrong.
    In the current node I couldn’t find any logic to take and manage the token. Please let me know how to manage this.

Thanks in advance.

1. Should this be a separate node? I think both are related to Zoho so I thought of extending the existing one

Yes, it should be a separated node. Zoho CRM and Zoho Books are two completely different products. The good thing it’s that you can reuse a lot of the code from the Zoho CRM node.

How is the token being managed in current Zoho CRM nodes for leads?

All the OAuth2 workflow is handled for you, even refreshing the token. You have to use the method this.helpers.requestOAuth2 to send the requests.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Love the initiative, @Arpit! Supporting Zoho Books would make n8n better for everyone :+1: