After installing a community node my Webhook Trigger does not work

Describe the problem/error/question

I have a ptoblem with the Webhook Trigger node after installing my communtiy-node.
I used the latest version of n8n and my own build node @speedypdm/n8n-nodes-speedy.
After installing it, it worked fine but after restart of the server the the Webhook node show´s follwing:

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:1.26.0
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Self hosted n8n instance on windows
  • Operating system: Win11

Hi @kevin96, welcome to the community, though I am very sorry you’re having trouble.

Is there a chance you have configured the NODES_INCLUDE or NODES_EXCLUDE environment variables on your n8n instance? If not, do you have a link to your node repository so our local node builders @marcus and @Jon can take a closer look?

Hey @kevin96,

I would recommend uninstalling that node as it is must have something conflicting, Sadly as the source is not directly available it is hard to say what it is.

Edit… Having looked at the code that npm makes avaialble I would not recommend installing that node as it installs all of n8n as a dependency which will cause issues.

Hey together,

thanks for your reply.
the node repository is downloadable via npm.
@speedypdm/n8n-nodes-speedy

I figuered out that the Webhook trigger and also the Wait trigger sometimes also get that error:

My nodes are working correctly but i have these problems with the system nodes.

NODES_INCLUDE and NODES_EXCLUDE are not set anywhere

Hey @kevin96,

My recommendation still stands, I would not install that node as you will have issues due to the depenencies. We also don’t directly support community nodes so it may be worth reaching out to the node creator so they can fix the issues with the node.

Hey Jon,

i am the node creator and because of that i need to get the node running.
I understand that you don´t support community nodes.
I used the example node to create the nodes but now i got the error.

By the way I think it should not be possible that community nodes can cause errors in the substantial functionality of n8n.

Hey @kevin96,

It shouldn’t be possible but we do advise users that nodes are installed at their own risk as we don’t know what is happening in the node or what it is trying to do.

In your case I would recommend fixing the dependencies in the package json as mentioned above as you will be trying to import all of n8n when your node starts which will cause issues.