Announcing the n8n Course for Beginners (Level 1) 🎓

Hey everyone, we released the first n8n course for beginners, which teaches you the basic concepts/components of n8n and how to build a workflow.
Level 2 and Level 3 courses are already in progress, so stay tuned!

UPDATE

With the release of the Level 2 course , we’ve also made a change to the format of n8n courses (including Level 1 ): removing the certificate.

This means that from April 22, 2022, no certificates will be issued anymore for users who successfully complete the course. Instead, community members will get an avatar and badge attributed to their profile, to showcase the n8n skills to all community members.

badge-level1

Why did we remove the course certificate?

n8n is evolving fast: we release a new version every week, add new functionality, fix issues, redesign the UI, and have many other exciting plans heading to version 1.0. At this pace, we also have continuously updated the courses to reflect the changes in n8n. This means that some lessons in the earlier course versions, and the certificates, will become outdated.

Moreover, a “certification course” is a rather formal format, which requires a more rigorous evaluation of a user’s skills. This is not our intention for these introductory courses.

Rather, we want to offer a structured, engaging, and accessible way to learn n8n, without having to search through docs and tutorials. The course exercises and quiz questions are meant to help you test your knowledge, not verify tricky details or put pressure to get a perfect score.

What does this mean for users who already got a certificate?

If you’ve already got your certificate for successfully completing the Level 1 course – congratulations! You can of course keep the certificate and share it on your profiles, but it will not be considered up to date.

This doesn’t mean that the n8n skills you learned in the course are not valid anymore! The core concepts and functionality haven’t changed. Moreover, having a Level 1 certificate is proof that you were an early adopter of n8n and could even help out other n8n users with basic questions.

With this in mind, we hope that you’re motivated to learn n8n or level up your skills, and collaborate with fellow community members :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

How do you know if you passed or not the exam?

Hey @igcorreia!

You will get an email! Make sure you check your Promotions folders :wink:

1 Like

Hey @igcorreia, I’ve sent you a DM :slight_smile:

This is cool :cool::sunglasses:

2 Likes

@tanay still waiting for the team reply :arrow_down_small:

Hey @igcorreia, I see that @harshil1712 sent you a message on the same day. Can you please check your inbox? :slight_smile:

Hey @igcorreia!

I am taking a look at it again. Will send you a message soon :slight_smile:

@harshil1712 … will you please check my account as well? I completed the course and milestones earlier today. I did notice that, although the Discord node responses with “success=true”, the message was not posted in the Discord channel.

Afternoon,

I have found when trying the post to discord section it is showing the success as true but nothing is appearing. For the webhook URL I am using the one sent in the email with the unique id in it and the text result in the expression builder seems to show the correct result (or at least it matches what others have in there).

I then found on the exam it is sending back a failed message but I am wondering if that is linked to the Discord message not posting or where I have misunderstood the wording for the workflow modification although one way seems to provide an answer for question 23 but some of the earlier answers have multiple decimal places so I don’t know if the marking workflow has those included as well or if it is just one of those odd javascript quirks.

Just sharing here for visibility - @Jon and @go4cas’s issues got resolved. Most likely caused by a whitespace at the end of the message to Discord.

3 Likes

Hello there,
I’m not sure if I appear to be having the same issue as Jon and go4cas, as the discord node is claiming true with there being nothing posted within discord.

Please could you let me know if there’s anything I need to do to resolve on my end?
Many thanks,

Hey @iandewhurst!

Welcome to the community :sparkling_heart:

All the messages get posted in the #course-level-1 channel. Let me know if you don’t see a message on that channel.

Thank you for the warm welcome :grinning:

I can’t see any posts with my unique ID unfortunately

Hey @iandewhurst,

Sending you a direct message to resolve this :slight_smile:

1 Like

@iandewhurst if it helps the problem I had was I found a random space in the ID at the end that I had to remove, I think they were updating the backend to trim the ID on post though.

2 Likes

Sharing here for visibility - @iandewhurst wasn’t passing the Unique ID correctly, and that’s why the message didn’t get posted on Discord.

@Jon, we have updated the workflow to trim the ID :wink:

2 Likes

What are the nodes used in generating the certificate? The quality of the video didn’t show them clearly.

Hey @moeghashim!

Welcome to the community :sparkling_heart:

We used the APITemplate.io node to generate the certificate.

1 Like

The Course Webhook URL sent in the Email is not registered.