Arranging workflows in folders

Hello,

Would it be possible to arrange workflows per folder in order to improve the UI experience ? I tried e.g. “Inputs/workflow” but it does not work.

Best regards,
Laurent

This is very useful when you got a lot of workflows or you need more organization separating the workflows by some kind of criteria. Would be nice this feature.

1 Like

Workflow Tagging is actually wip. Not exactly the same as folders but both will allow organizing workflows:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, everybody. Workflow-Tagging got released with [email protected]

There seems to be an issue with the migrations happening on n8n.cloud that we currently can not reproduce locally or anywhere else. We will do a deep dive tomorrow. For that reason will that version be available the earliest tomorrow on n8n.cloud. If also any of you has problems with 0.122.1 also locally simply roll back temporary to 0.121.0.

Bump

Tags are cool but sometimes I want to change something in multiple work flows so I press Open, then scroll or choose the tag to filter, every time for each workflow

Would be much easier to have the last folder open by default so I can switch quickly between workflows

Especially if you have a large number of folders

2 Likes

Would like a directory feature as well :+1: +1

1 Like

Any updates on this? Is it a planned feature or it won’t be worked on?
Tags are useful, but not as convenient as folders

Folders would be amazing, I am in the process of splitting up a workflow into ~8 subworkflows - folders would help immensely with finding a group of workflows without having to search beforehand.

And I just cannot get tags working for me personally, I just cannot wrap my head around them…

1 Like

I also need this, my workflows page is getting hard to manage

1 Like

Same here!

1 Like

Yeah, folders please. I have almost reached the point where it’s very difficult to navigate in the UI (even though I’m using tags).

1 Like

+1 for folders, tags are great but folders feels more intuitive

2 Likes

Any updates on when we can get folders?

It is not something I have seen any design work for yet so I suspect it won’t be for a while.

Could we help with the design?

When we have the resources available for this and work on a design I am sure we will come and talk to the community to make sure we get it right.

3 Likes

one more vote for folders :slight_smile:

+1 vote for folders

Just pushing a little here. When using N8N intensively for production it is very messy with this flat structure. Tags don’t really work for this purpose of overview.

2 Likes