Asana Node OAuth Issues - 500 Internal Server Error, 401 Not Authorized

Describe the issue/error/question

I’ve followed the docs to create a running n8n instance on a Digital Ocean droplet following exactly these docs: Server Setup

When I create an Asana OAuth Credential it seems to connect just fine but when I create an Asana Node, I immediately get a 500 Internal Server Error.

Then when I add the credential to the node I once again get a 500 Internal Server Error.

I then get a "There was a problem loading the parameter options from server: “Authorization failed - please check your credentials” warning next to Workspace where there would usually be the dropdown with the name of the workspace.

Token access works fine for now, but I’d like to be able to use the App so that I’m not linked to every tasked that gets created.

The Workflow

Literally just creating an Asana Node and adding OAuth credentials.

Share the output returned by the last node

When I try to get user with my user gid I get a 401 Error from Asana:

{
"message":"401 - {\"errors\":[{\"message\":\"Not Authorized\",\"help\":\"For more information on API status codes and how to handle them, read the docs on errors: https://asana.com/developers/documentation/getting-started/errors\"}]}",
"name":"Error",
"stack":"Error: Request failed with status code 401\n
    at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)\n    at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)\n
    at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:269:11)\n
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:327:22)\n
    at endReadableNT (internal/streams/readable.js:1327:12)\n
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:80:21)"
}

Stack:

NodeApiError: Authorization failed - please check your credentials
    at Object.requestWithAuthentication (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/src/NodeExecuteFunctions.js:742:15)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5)
    at async Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Asana/Asana.node.js:1724:40)
    at async /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/src/WorkflowExecute.js:451:47

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.162.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): default
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: unsure
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Docker on Digital Ocean - Ubuntu 20.04 Droplet

Welcome to the community @ugly

Found the issue. A fix would be available in the next release. Thanks for reporting it.

Fix got released with [email protected]

Tested and working as intended. Thanks for the quick fix!

1 Like