Authentication for Google Business Messages

Describe the problem/error/question

I’m trying to set up an integration with Google Business Messages (part of Google Business Communications) in n8n and facing challenges with the authentication process. Google Business Messages seems to operate separately from the usual Google Developers Console, and it provides a JSON key for authentication. This process appears to require JWT (JSON Web Token) processing, which I’m finding complex to implement directly in n8n.

Any guidance, tips, or known methods to achieve this in n8n would be greatly appreciated!

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.17.0 (beta-ai)
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):: Docker
  • Operating system:: Ubuntu

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @jlfguthrie, from looking at הרשמה ב-Business Messages  |  Google for Developers it appears Google suggests running another tool of theirs (oauth2l) using oauth2l header --json ./service_account_key.json businesscommunications which would generate the correct authentication header.

I am not familiar with this tool, but perhaps in a first step you can simply run this manually to verify whether this generates a static or a changing value? The name suggests it might just generate/refresh a standard OAuth2 token but tbh I find Google’s documentation around this product rather confusing.

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.