AzureAD SAML SSO ProviderID Error

Describe the problem/error/question

SAML SSO setup with AzureAD results in the below error after removing the RoleDescriptor sections as the documentation states. The XML saves correctly. The URL’s are correct within the Azure Enterprise Application Single Sign On settings, and the event logs show successful on the Azure login logs.

What is the error message (if any)?

SAML Connection Test failed
null value in column “providerId” violates not-null constraint

Information on your n8n setup

  • n8n Version 1.21.0
  • **Database default: SQLite
  • **n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting default
  • **Running n8n via Docker
  • **Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04LTS

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

  • n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

We’ve just realised that even though the test fails, and the error is produced as part of that test, that if you activate SAML SSO it works correctly.

This thread can be closed - but possibly root cause can be found if not already for bug fixes.

1 Like

Hey @rrr,

Welcome to the community :raised_hands:

It would be interesting to see if you get the same error on a newer release of n8n, I set up Jumpcloud the other day and didn’t have this issue. I am not sure if it being Azure AD matters for the issue though so we will need to test that.

Apologies on the delay.
You are correct, version 1.29.0 no longer has this issue.

Sorry on the post - i did think we were on the latest version when i raised this.

Cheers!

1 Like