Bidirectional syncs, incremental upload

Something I’m wondering about are bidirectional sync tools.
There’s these tools such as Whalesync, Flowmonk, nobull and many more that sync two things with each other, in this case focussed on Webflow+Airtable, either one direction or bi-directional.

I love this idea of simply mapping fields from one thing to another. But setting these up in n8n can take up quite a lof time. To list the records, create, update, delete etc. It’s not impossible, it’s simply lot of work to do so. Lot of troubleshoting and testing. Especially linked records. The idea behind these sync tools is that you provide authentication, which collections/bases/whatever you want to sync with each other and then to map the fields.

I think this makes a lot of sense to have with any tool out there, to be able to migrate or keep a sync active between anything you like to.

For example:
-Local folder x S3
-Local folder x FTP
-FTP x Airtable
-FTP x Baserow
-Airtable x Baserow
-Baserow x NocoDB
-Baserow x Webflow
-Supabase S3 x AWS S3

I’ve been getting into rsync and incremental uploads. It’s those kind of ideas. Only looking at the modified files or new files. And maybe delete.

Anyone already into this or have any direction to point me towards to? I’m just curious.

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

I learned about Wrappers that do some sort of sync between databases, but not sure if that’s bidirectional. Such as Baserow wrappers.

Found Prisma. Curious how to that.

Hey Ronald!

Our Creator Hub might be a good place to start, we have quite a few Sync-related workflows available there already:

2 Likes