Brand new to n8n. Some help would be amazing

So is it possible to use this same idea to say create a user in google workspace based on the information from the webhook then add that user to a group? Im a complete newb when it comes to this program and am honestly struggling to wrap my head around it.

Yes, this is completely posible. You just have to connect the Webhook to the G Admin node. I guessing you need to use the data from the webhook node in the G Admin node and this can be done expressions.
More info about expressions can be found here.

Let me know if something it’s not clear.

Ok so im not really understanding this very well. How does one exactly create a user from the webhook?

You have to reference the data coming from the webhook node in the G Admin Node. This tutorial might be helpful to understand the whole picture.

Im sorry to keep being a bother. SO i’ve got it successfully creating the user. But now i need it to actually add that user to a group based on what department is listed.

The idea is this. I fill out a google form with the techs information, it creates a user adds that user to the company group, and then whatever other group they are selected for. It then sends that user an email with their log in information. It would also send an email to our billing manager and HR department saying hey we’ve hired this person at this much from this state. Here is their contact information.

I have not got it to successfully add the created user to the group. That doesn’t actually seem to be possible with n8n… Am i just going overboard here?

You are not bothering me at all. This is one of the main purposes of the community.

ah, that is a good use case. Yeah, that should be possible using the group:create on the G Suite Node. Can you please share the workflow with me so that I can have a proper look? Also If you can tell me how the data the Webhook node is receiving looks like.

To share the workflow just select all nodes, copy them, and then paste them here. Do not worry about credentials as they are not copied.

{
“nodes”: [
{
“parameters”: {
“httpMethod”: “POST”,
“path”: “5783ba8d-2e33-4444-bed7-f070edd596ea”,
“options”: {}
},
“name”: “Webhook”,
“type”: “n8n-nodes-base.webhook”,
“typeVersion”: 1,
“position”: [
],
“webhookId”: “5783ba8d-2e33-4444-bed7-f070edd596ea”
},
{
“firstName”: “={{$json[“body”][“First”]}}”,
“lastName”: “= {{$json[“body”][“Last”]}}”,
“password”: “Password12#$”,
“domain”: “ltdbroadband.com”,
“username”: “={{$json[“body”][“First”]}}{{$json[“body”][“Last”]}}”,
“additionalFields”: {
“changePasswordAtNextLogin”: true,
“emailUi”: {
“emailValues”: [
{
“type”: “home”,
“address”: “={{$json[“body”][“Employee_Email”]}}”
}
]
}
}
},
“name”: “G Suite Admin”,
“type”: “n8n-nodes-base.gSuiteAdmin”,
],
“credentials”: {
“gSuiteAdminOAuth2Api”: “test”
}
},
{
“resource”: “group”,
“operation”: “update”,
“groupId”: “[email protected]”,
“updateFields”: {}
},
“name”: “G Suite Admin1”,
],
}
}
],
“connections”: {
“Webhook”: {
“main”: [
[
{
“node”: “G Suite Admin”,
“type”: “main”,
“index”: 0
}
]
]
},
“G Suite Admin”: {
[
{
“node”: “G Suite Admin1”,
}
]
]
}
}
}

theres what i have so far.

Cannot paste the workflow. Make sure you select all the nodes. Also, the workflow you pasted has “ and it should be ". So, definitely, something happened there.

{
“nodes”: [
{
“parameters”: {},
“name”: “Start”,
“type”: “n8n-nodes-base.start”,
]
},
{
“httpMethod”: “POST”,
“path”: “5783ba8d-2e33-4444-bed7-f070edd596ea”,
“options”: {}
},
“name”: “Webhook”,
“type”: “n8n-nodes-base.webhook”,
],
“webhookId”: “5783ba8d-2e33-4444-bed7-f070edd596ea”
},
{
“firstName”: “={{$json[“body”][“First”]}}”,
“lastName”: “= {{$json[“body”][“Last”]}}”,
“password”: “Password12#$”,
“domain”: “ltdbroadband.com”,
“username”: “={{$json[“body”][“First”]}}{{$json[“body”][“Last”]}}”,
“additionalFields”: {
“changePasswordAtNextLogin”: true,
“emailUi”: {
“emailValues”: [
{
“type”: “home”,
“address”: “={{$json[“body”][“Employee_Email”]}}”
}
]
}
}
},
“name”: “G Suite Admin”,
],
}
},
{
“resource”: “group”,
“operation”: “update”,
“groupId”: “[email protected]”,
“updateFields”: {}
},
“name”: “G Suite Admin1”,
],
}
}
],
“connections”: {
“Webhook”: {
[
{
“node”: “G Suite Admin”,
}
]
]
},
“G Suite Admin”: {
[
{
“node”: “G Suite Admin1”,
}
]
]
}
}
}

i think i missed the start module.

Ah now I understand. Yes, there is no way to add a user to a group yet. In order to do so, the member resource has to be implemented. Will add it to my TODO list.

oh ok. so at this exact moment that isn’t possible. IS there a way to work around this issue?

Well, you can use the HTTP Request in the meantime. It’s just a POST to https://www.googleapis.com/admin/directory/v1/groups/groupKey/members where groupKey is the id of the group.

The body needs to include the following properties.

im getting the below error?

Error: OAuth credentials not connected!
at Object.requestOAuth2 (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/src/NodeExecuteFunctions.js:57:15)
at Object.requestOAuth2 (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/src/NodeExecuteFunctions.js:419:42)
at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/HttpRequest.node.js:782:65)
at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/src/Workflow.js:490:37)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/src/WorkflowExecute.js:370:62
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/src/WorkflowExecute.js:451:15
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/p-cancelable/index.js:61:11
at new Promise (<anonymous>)
at new PCancelable (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/p-cancelable/index.js:31:19)
at WorkflowExecute.processRunExecutionData (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/src/WorkflowExecute.js:297:16)

How you “connect” OAuth credentials got also explained in this topic:

So im kind of stuck here. I have 5 departments that all need to be added to. But Im out of switch paths. The idea was to have them split off in different paths dependent on what department was selected. the departments are billing, office tech, sales, field tech, and tower tech. Is there a way to split those last two off into another path?

You can send “Fallback Output” to “3” and then add another Switch-Node for the other two departments.

Awesome thank you

This one is a bit weirder.

Basically i want to pull the data off a google form. Im trying to create an order form that changes based on what items were selected and how many. So it will send an email to our billing department and warehouse at the same time. Lets say i need to send the customer 2 dual band routers and 2 PLE kits and they are under a 60 day trail.

Please fulfill the order for Isaac Test cx # 12345

Shipping:
issac test
123 some street
somewhere, Montana 57693

Items ordered
Dual Band Hap Rental $5/Month x 2
PLE Kits free with rental only x 2

60 day trail: yes

This is what we are using for now if i need to set it up better let me know. Any ideas how to aggregate this data properly?

I already have the webhook working but im not sure how to set it up so it only shows the items ordered and the quantity ordered.