Bug: Execution logs for 'Integrated' triggers missing?

Hi, since the last update to n8n 0.108.0, the execution logs for ‘Integrated’ mode are missing!

Can’t find any execution logs for any of the many workflows that i trigger using ‘Execute Workflow’ node.

A bit bummed to experience this.

Kindly let me know if this is a bug or a new design feature.
In case of the latter, do advise a workaround to implement the earlier functionality.

Thanks.

Thanks a lot for reporting. No that would then be a bug. We will investigate and then report back.

I created an issue in Github about this

https://github.com/n8n-io/n8n/issues/1462

2 Likes

This is fixed and released on the 0.109.0 version.

Just to mention, before the sub-flow was saved before then the super-flow. Now, it’s saving after, which is better and surely is what people would expect. :smiley:

1 Like

Probably, this is related.

I detect errors on failed executions (workflow is launched by a cron) but when I access to failed execution, I see no indication on what node failed, as you can see here:

Release 0.107.0 is working well, so something was changed after that release that causes execution errors. Could you check it please?

Thank you!

Hello Miquel.

I was investigating the issue you reported but I was unable to reproduce the error you are getting.

Can you provide us some with more information?

1. A screenshot from your workflow settings, so we can see what parameters are being used to save information
  2. Some information about this execution. You can get this from Google Chrome’s developer tools’ Network tab or by running the following CURL command in your terminal:
curl 'https://your.n8n.instance.address/rest/executions/81435' \
  -H 'accept: application/json, text/plain, */*' \
  -H 'user-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.182 Safari/537.36' \
  -H 'sec-fetch-site: same-origin' \
  -H 'sec-fetch-mode: cors' \
  -H 'sec-fetch-dest: empty' \
  -H 'accept-language: pt-BR,pt;q=0.9,en-US;q=0.8,en;q=0.7,ar-LB;q=0.6,ar;q=0.5' \
  -H 'if-none-match: W/"99459-c31Am8UdCJzR+5inxK75WShSYY8"' \
  --compressed \
  -o workflow-data.json

Please note that you must replace the URL in the first line with the domain your n8n instance is running.

This will result in a file called workflow-data.json that you can send to us.

Also if you prefer to send it privately, feel free to direct message me here in the forums.

Hi,

I share

1. Workflow settings screenshot (not sure if this is what you want):

2. Execution JSON

{“data”:{“id”:“80395”,“data”:“[{"startData":"1","resultData":"2","executionData":"3"},{},{"runData":"4"},{"contextData":"5","nodeExecutionStack":"6","waitingExecution":"7"},{},{},["8"],{},{"node":"9","data":"10"},{"parameters":"11","name":"12","type":"13","typeVersion":1,"position":"14"},{"main":"15"},{"triggerTimes":"16"},"Cron","n8n-nodes-base.cron",[250,460],["17"],{"item":"18"},["19"],["20"],{"json":"21"},{"mode":"22","value":6,"unit":"23"},{},"everyX","hours"]”,“finished”:false,“mode”:“trigger”,“retryOf”:null,“retrySuccessId”:null,“startedAt”:“2021-02-21T11:00:43.000Z”,“stoppedAt”:null,“workflowData”:{“id”:64,“name”:“mcolomer_recover_spam”,“active”:true,“nodes”:[{“parameters”:{},“name”:“Start”,“type”:“n8n-nodes-base.start”,“typeVersion”:1,“position”:[250,300]},{“parameters”:{“authentication”:“oAuth2”,“resource”:“message”,“operation”:“getAll”,“returnAll”:true,“additionalFields”:{“format”:“full”,“includeSpamTrash”:true,“q”:“newer_than:6h in:spam “}},“name”:“Gmail”,“type”:“n8n-nodes-base.gmail”,“typeVersion”:1,“position”:[420,300],“credentials”:{“gmailOAuth2”:“gmail-oauth”}},{“parameters”:{“resource”:“message”,“operation”:“sendMessage”,“chatId”:”-1001235337538”,“text”:“Killia:\nNew email in spam!”,“replyMarkup”:“none”,“additionalFields”:{“parse_mode”:“Markdown”}},“name”:“Telegram”,“type”:“n8n-nodes-base.telegram”,“typeVersion”:1,“position”:[1430,180],“credentials”:{“telegramApi”:“it-killia-bot”},“disabled”:true},{“parameters”:{“triggerTimes”:{“item”:[{“mode”:“everyX”,“value”:6,“unit”:“hours”}]}},“name”:“Cron”,“type”:“n8n-nodes-base.cron”,“typeVersion”:1,“position”:[250,460]},{“parameters”:{“operation”:“find”,“collection”:“spams”,“query”:“={"email": "{{$node["SplitInBatches"].json["email"]}}"}”},“name”:“MongoDB”,“type”:“n8n-nodes-base.mongoDb”,“typeVersion”:1,“position”:[900,480],“alwaysOutputData”:true,“credentials”:{“mongoDb”:“db-mongo”},“continueOnFail”:true},{“parameters”:{“functionCode”:“return items.map(function(item) {\n //console.log(item.json.payload);\n item.json.from = item.json.payload.headers.filter(function(h) {\n return h.name === ‘From’;\n });\n if (item.json.from && item.json.from.length > 0) {\n item.json.from = item.json.from[0].value;\n }\n \n if (item.json.from && item.json.from.indexOf("<") !== -1) {\n item.json.from = item.json.from.split("<")[1].split(">")[0];\n }\n item.json.date = new Date();\n return {\n json: {\n id: item.json.id,\n email: item.json.from,\n email_md5: "",\n updatedAt: new Date(item.json.date),\n createdAt: new Date(item.json.date)\n }\n }\n});”},“name”:“Prepare Emails”,“type”:“n8n-nodes-base.function”,“typeVersion”:1,“position”:[580,300]},{“parameters”:{“batchSize”:1,“options”:{}},“name”:“SplitInBatches”,“type”:“n8n-nodes-base.splitInBatches”,“typeVersion”:1,“position”:[740,480]},{“parameters”:{“operation”:“insert”,“collection”:“spams”,“fields”:“email,email_md5,updatedAt,createdAt”},“name”:“MongoDB1”,“type”:“n8n-nodes-base.mongoDb”,“typeVersion”:1,“position”:[1390,480],“credentials”:{“mongoDb”:“db-mongo”}},{“parameters”:{“conditions”:{“string”:[{“value1”:“={{$node["SplitInBatches"].context["noItemsLeft"] + ""}}”,“operation”:“equal”,“value2”:“false”}]},“combineOperation”:“all”},“name”:“More Items?”,“type”:“n8n-nodes-base.if”,“typeVersion”:1,“position”:[1240,190]},{“parameters”:{“conditions”:{“string”:[{“value1”:“={{$node["SplitInBatches"].json["email"]}}”,“operation”:“equal”,“value2”:“={{$node["MongoDB"].json["email"] + ""}}”}]},“combineOperation”:“all”},“name”:“Email exists on DB?”,“type”:“n8n-nodes-base.if”,“typeVersion”:1,“position”:[1070,480]},{“parameters”:{“functionCode”:“return $node["SplitInBatches"].json”},“name”:“FunctionItem”,“type”:“n8n-nodes-base.functionItem”,“typeVersion”:1,“position”:[1230,480]},{“parameters”:{“authentication”:“oAuth2”,“resource”:“message”,“operation”:“delete”,“messageId”:“={{$node["SplitInBatches"].json["id"]}}”},“name”:“Gmail1”,“type”:“n8n-nodes-base.gmail”,“typeVersion”:1,“position”:[1530,360],“credentials”:{“gmailOAuth2”:“gmail-oauth”}},{“parameters”:{“authentication”:“oAuth2”,“resource”:“message”,“operation”:“delete”,“messageId”:“={{$node["SplitInBatches"].json["id"]}}”},“name”:“Gmail2”,“type”:“n8n-nodes-base.gmail”,“typeVersion”:1,“position”:[990,180],“credentials”:{“gmailOAuth2”:“gmail-oauth”}}],“connections”:{“Start”:{“main”:[[{“node”:“Gmail”,“type”:“main”,“index”:0}]]},“Gmail”:{“main”:[[{“node”:“Prepare Emails”,“type”:“main”,“index”:0}]]},“Cron”:{“main”:[[{“node”:“Gmail”,“type”:“main”,“index”:0}]]},“Prepare Emails”:{“main”:[[{“node”:“SplitInBatches”,“type”:“main”,“index”:0}]]},“MongoDB”:{“main”:[[{“node”:“Email exists on DB?”,“type”:“main”,“index”:0}]]},“SplitInBatches”:{“main”:[[{“node”:“MongoDB”,“type”:“main”,“index”:0}]]},“More Items?”:{“main”:[[{“node”:“SplitInBatches”,“type”:“main”,“index”:0}]]},“MongoDB1”:{“main”:[[{“node”:“Gmail1”,“type”:“main”,“index”:0}]]},“Email exists on DB?”:{“main”:[[{“node”:“Gmail2”,“type”:“main”,“index”:0}],[{“node”:“FunctionItem”,“type”:“main”,“index”:0}]]},“FunctionItem”:{“main”:[[{“node”:“MongoDB1”,“type”:“main”,“index”:0}]]},“Gmail1”:{“main”:[[{“node”:“More Items?”,“type”:“main”,“index”:0}]]},“Gmail2”:{“main”:[[{“node”:“More Items?”,“type”:“main”,“index”:0}]]}},“createdAt”:“2020-10-08T05:43:34.000Z”,“updatedAt”:“2020-10-23T17:51:58.000Z”,“settings”:{},“staticData”:{}},“workflowId”:“64”}}