(BUG): Executions not working fine, when I try to see one execution it displays another one

Hi @igcorreia, I am very sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This sounds like a very different problem than the one discussed here in the thread. Perhaps you can open a new topic with detailed steps on how to reproduce your specific problem? Not seeing the execution progress when executing a workflow often suggests a problem with your reverse proxy setup, so this would be the first part to take a closer look at.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I updated to 0.216.0 and the problem comes back. When I try to see old execution by passing the id in URL the page refresh and I can’t see my execution.

Do you have same issue ?

Hey @Kent1, I do not actually, though my self-hosted instance is on 0.216.1. Opening something like https://my.n8n.url/workflow/31/executions/30011 in my browser is working fine. It takes a bit for n8n to load all executions up to the one specified but the navigation does eventually work.

Perhaps @milorad knows if anything has changed here?

Just to inform you we have something like 5 000 000 executions in our database. If it’s needed I can take a video to show you

I reckon in this case the loading of older executions can take a while or might even hit a timeout. Unfortunately I am not a developer and not familiar with the exact logic used by n8n here, so let’s see what Milorad says :slight_smile:

Hey @Kent1 sorry for not getting back on this topic.
Right now I cannot pinpoint exactly if this is the new problem or an old one since I haven’t worked on that part of n8n recently. So any help from your side is welcome :slight_smile:
It would be great if you can record a video of it happening and, if possible, it would be helpful to keep your dev tools console open while doing it.
Thanks in advance. I will be out of office next week but will take a look as soon as I get back.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @milorad

Sorry I was a bit busy and I didn’t take the time to record a video.

I will send you in private if it doesn’t bother you, because we have some sensitive infos.

Thanks.

@Kent1
Sure thing, let’s see if we can get something out of this.

Update: After a bit of private back-and-forward with @Kent1 I can confirm that there is an issue when loading execution preview when there is >1000 executions. Will work on the fix in the following days so we can hopefully have it in the next release.

3 Likes

One again, I would like to thank you @milorad and thank all the n8n team for your great work.

I really appreciate n8n and your reactivity when there is some issues.

3 Likes

Hi,

Did you sort out the problem when passing “old” execution in URL ?

Hey @Kent1 sorry for not getting back,
this one was a bit on a back-burner but we finally had some time to address it. The solution should be available in the next release (probably will see @jan’s message here), so please try it and let me know how it went.
Current solution will show execution card on top if execution is too far in the list to be loaded initially:

We will probably improve on this pattern in the future but for now this should enable loading all executions properly.

1 Like

Sorry, we had some problems with our release comment workflow. The fix for that issue got released a while ago with 0.222.0. Please check with the latest n8n version.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.