Cannot get Jotform to return any data

I would like to build a workflow that triggers when a form is submitted via Jotform however I cannot get any data to return from the Jotform node. There are no errors or anything the workflow runs but never brings up any results.

Hey @Colin_Cameron!

I hope you’re doing well!

I tested out the node, and it works well for me. I am getting an output. Are you running it in production? To test your node/workflow you will have to manually execute the node/workflow. In the node click on the Execute Node button. This will run the node in the development phase and give you an output.

Let me know if this helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, when I click Execute Node I get no data returned. There’s over 400 responses to the form in question so seems strange to get nothing. When I execute the whole workflow it never runs, just says waiting for webhook and then resets. No errors or anything.

I missed the part about running it in production, I’m not sure I know what this means. How would I know if I’m running it in production?

Hey @Colin_Cameron!

If you are trying to retrieve the information that was already submitted, the JotForm Trigger node, will not give you any data. The node only gives you data when either the workflow is active or for testing and development, you manually execute the node by clicking on the Execute Node button, and then if someone submits a response to the form. Try executing the node, and make a submission. The node will give you the response.

Here is a video that might help you understand it much better - Video

If you want to get the existing responses, you will have to use the HTTP Request node and make API calls.

Let me know if this helps.

Did everything that you did in that video and I get 0 data returned. I tried making an new api key and still nothing. Not sure where else to look.

Does the node actually resolve directly after you submit the form or does it time out after 2 minutes?
If it simply times out, do you have n8n set up correctly with own domain via https or do you at least use the tunnel?

If it resolves directly and n8n is really reachable for Jotform you could try to deactivate the option “Resolve Data”. It is possible that there is maybe a bug depending on the fields you are using.