Cannot stop zombie executions

Hi,
I have a number of workflows that for whatever reason turn into zombie executions that I cannot get rid of from the execution view. I’ve tried stopping them and I’ve restarted the containers running n8n and these processes still show that they are running. I can confirm that the actual workflow is not running.

How can I clear them from this view? I am running version 0.150.0

Those executions are probably not actually running, I assume n8n just thinks they are because they are listed in the database as running. This did probably happen because n8n or the server crashed while these executions were currently running and so the database got never updated.

The only way to fix that would sadly be to go into the database and to delete them manually.

3 Likes

How do I clear these zombie executions?

I have n8n installed using npm install -g. I see a .n8n folder in my home directory and the timestamps look current, but when I delete all of the entries out of execution_entity in the sqlite database and then restart n8n, I still see the same executions.

Help?

Tbh this seems really odd @dcasale. n8n would only use the database in order to fetch execution data. Is there a chance n8n is not running as your current user, so you have deleted executions from the wrong database?