Can't auth via header in n8n, Postman is ok

A web API can’t accept my GET request (header auth). Postman does well.

This is the error. How can I get n8n to connect like Postman does?

ERROR: UNKNOWN ERROR - check the detailed error for more information
connect EADDRNOTAVAIL

NodeApiError: UNKNOWN ERROR - check the detailed error for more information
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/HttpRequest/V3/HttpRequestV3.node.js:1182:27)
    at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:658:28)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:590:53

Hey @artildo,

So I have seen that error message before but never with n8n, Normally when I see that it is when hundreds / thousands of connections are being made and the server has ran out of ephemeral ports but I would be surprised if that is the case here.

How are you are running n8n, Which version is it, Are you using an outbound proxy at all and if it is docker what does the docker log show?

@Jon Thank you for the reply

This is a Docker compose installation on Ubunty 22, n8n 0.219.1. As far as I know, there is no proxy.

Hey @artildo,

Is there any output in the docker logs? I take it when you ran postman it wasn’t from the docker container as well so it could be that there is an odd docker option at play as well.

I’m afraid I have no logging enabled.

What is strange, that soon after I started receiving Deceptive screen:
upd This screen is a common problem, as I can see

Hey @artildo,

That error should be unrelated as it would be for inbound traffic but it will be worth reporting your site to google as a false positive. Even without debug logging enabled I would still expect to see something logged in Docker though.

@Jon You mean this file?

Hey @artildo,

I don’t know what that file is, You can normally run docker logs {conainter_name} to see some output. Have you tried restarting n8n to see if that gets it connecting as well?

@Jon

Not sure if these logs might be helpful. So I’ve got some like this on running docker logs root_n8n_1

Initializing n8n process
n8n ready on 0.0.0.0, port 5678
Version: 0.218.0
 ================================
   Start Active Workflows:
 ================================
   - Course payment (ID: 53)
     => Started
   - Webook (receive) (ID: 54)
     => Started
   - Notion - current and next (ID: 149)
     => Started
   - AntiTV v1 (ID: 156)
     => Started
   - Quirit Videos v2 (ID: 166)
     => Started
   - Employee Bot Router v2 (ID: 193)
     => Started

Editor is now accessible via:
https://***:5678/
Done!
Done!
Done!
Done!
The session "hbkho6ks4dn" is not registered.
Attempt to read execution was blocked due to insufficient permissions
Done!
Done!
Done!
Done!
Done!
Done!
Done!
Done!
Done!
Done!
Done!
The session "dbmgcoml8gu" is not registered.
Done!
The session "9v7mb8slq1" is not registered.
Done!
Done!
Done!
Done!
Done!
Done!
Done!

@artildo that is interesting I was expecting a lot more, Is it still failing after a restart and are other APIs ok?

Yes, after restart everything remained. Other API working, this one not working on n8n, but working via Postman, Integromat and FlutterFlow API Call. I even tried two different n8n instances and even a desktop version.

So this is definitely some Docker problem and I don’t know what to do here.

@Jon This is the Cause, I didn’t paste it here:

Cause
Data below may contain sensitive information. Proceed with caution when sharing.

{

"status":"rejected",

"reason":{

"message":"302 - """,

"name":"Error",

"stack":"Error: 302 - "" at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15) at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12) at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:269:11) at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:525:35) at IncomingMessage.emit (node:domain:552:15) at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1358:12) at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)"

}

}

Hey @artildo,

A 302 is a redirect, If that is it just enabling redirects in the HTTP Request node should sort it.

Thank you, @Jon . I remember I tried it and it not worked. But I also didn’t put “https://” in front of URL and had no tip I need to do that.
So these changes together helped me.

1 Like

Now all I need to do is work out why you had that error you shouldn’t have :slight_smile:

quick edit seconds later…

ERROR: UNKNOWN ERROR - check the detailed error for more information
connect EADDRNOTAVAIL ::1:80 - Local (:::0)

Not including the protocol causes this.

Have added this to our internal ideas list to either replace the error with something else or just default to https:// if it is isn’t included.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.