Can't get the Notion ID prop – maybe a bug

Describe the problem

When loading data with the Notion-Node and activating “Simplify”, the Notion ID Prop won’t be read. Furthermore, in props which relate to the ID-prop, the data is also wrong. Without simplify, the data is correct. Please see screens:

Data in Notion:
CleanShot 2024-03-17 at 13.29.08

Data in Notion Node with activated “Simplify” (no ID Prop visible, Formular not correct):
CleanShot 2024-03-17 at 13.29.53

Data without “Simplify” (ID Prop finally there, but Formular not correct):
CleanShot 2024-03-17 at 13.32.34
CleanShot 2024-03-17 at 13.31.03

Maybe it is also a bug in the notion API. When tested with a direct call outside the “Goodie” prefix is also missing:
CleanShot 2024-03-17 at 13.36.20

I’m running cloud @ 1.31.2

1 Like

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @roNn23
yes, it looks like the custom property of type ID is not added to the simplified version of the data. I will add an internal issue to fix that. Thanks for reporting!
You can uncheck the Simplify switch for now.

As for the other problem, the actual data stored by Notion is not “GOODIE-29” nor “goodie-29”, but 29. It looks like Notion keeps the prefix separated also in the formula (which is a bit counterintuitive).
If I edit the formula in Notion like this prop("ID") + "-test-" + prop("ID") in the Notion table I see GOODIE-4-test-GOODIE-4, but then the Notion API returns 4-test-4 (very weird).

This is not a problem of n8n but rather of how Notion decides to expose the formula data. To solve that in n8n you can add an Edit Fields node and prefix “goodie-” to that field.

Let me know if that helps