Choosing different events from a Gmail trigger

When I test the Gmail trigger I can only get the last email received. Is there a way to search further and test with different ones like zapier allows?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

The Gmail Trigger has a Filters section that allows for filtering real or test events. Click on Add Filter to use one of the filters available.

Hi Iā€™m using the and it is getting the right email except you can only get the latest one that I received an I cannot choose one of the earlier ones to test different situations

hello @bally

Gmail trigger is supposed to trigger on each new email (one email - one execution). Filter used only if you want it to be triggered on specific emails.

You can use multiple filters to try to filter for your specific test case. You would then need to remove the filters after testing. For example, filter on sender, and search. You could even create a temporary label for test cases and filter on the label. Again, you would need to change the filters for your production cases after testing.
You could also use the gmail node instead of the trigger node during testing to fetch multiple emails for all of your test cases.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.