ClickUp Integration [GOT CREATED]

Got released with [email protected]

1 Like

@RicardoE105, @jan Hope you and everyone else in the n8n community are doing find in the current times.

I was away from the n8n scene for a few weeks as I was busy shifting my residence and had a few other events on the personal front. Its good to come back and see that so much awesome progress has been made already! Congrats on the funding you received too :partying_face:

About the ClickUp node, if possible, could you please add support for more of the features that the API offers at ClickUp™ | API Docs?
Currently, the node only supports the following resource types, Lists and Tasks. I am mainly looking for more support in this area, particularly around operations for…

• Checklists
  • Comments
  • Dependencies
  • Folders
  • Lists (Currently exists, but supports no operation other than fetching custom fields)
  • Goals
  • Guests
  • Time Tracking

Hey, @ajayjohn just added those to my list. We will let you know when is ready.

1 Like

Thanks, @RicardoE105. I hadn’t even finished editing my original message! :joy:

@ajayjohn just finished this. I added all resources you requested but the guests one since it is only available for enterprise plans which I sadly do not have. As always @jan will let you know when is released.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, @RicardoE105! The guests API was my mistake. I don’t have an enterprise plan either :sweat_smile:
The other stuff you created is more than sufficient. Thanks to you’ll, n8n is my daily driver for so many workflows now!

1 Like

@ajayjohn Glad you like n8n. If you have any further question or feedback. Please let us know we are happy to help.

@RicardoE105 Sorry to bother you again. I remember that when you built out the ‘Update Task’ option previously, there was an option to update the ‘assignee’ in a task (Or maybe my memory serves me wrong). I can’t seem to find that option anymore. It’s not just assignee, but the ‘status’ option too.

So I checked the ‘Create Task’ node and seems like both these options are present there. So it’s only missing in the ‘Update Task’ node.
Were these removed by any chance? Would it be possible to add these again, please?

@ajayjohn you are not bothering at all. Those two options have never been available to the task:update but just added them so when is released you should be able to use them.

2 Likes

Thanks a ton, @RicardoE105! As always, super fast response! :slight_smile:
The next release is gonna be a big one for me with lots of long awaited stuff coming in.

Got released with [email protected]

2 Likes

@RicardoE105,
I was hoping to bring to your notice a few of bugs I found with the ClickUp integration. I wasn’t sure if you prefer them being raised here or on GitHub. Posting it here for now…

1. The tag selector in the GET ALL operation of the ClickUp node doesn’t work. As seen in the GIF below, selecting a value for the first time doesn’t work. Then, if I try to select the value again, the node itself breaks and becomes unusable until I delete it and add a new node.
    issue_with_tags

2. The same GET ALL operation is also missing an option to filter by custom_field name and value even though custom_fields are supported in other operations.

3. The UPDATE operation of the ClickUp node has parameters to set the ‘Due Date’ but is missing a parameter to set the Start Date. I assume this was accidentally missed because there is a flag to specify whether the Start Date is just a date or a date-time value.

When you get a chance, could you please look into these?

@ajayjohn thanks for the feedback. Added it to my tasks.

Quick update here. @ajayjohn

1 - Could not replicate the first issue. It does not happen to me.
2 - Do you have any clue how the custom_fields property has to be sent? the documentation sucks.
3 - Added the startDate field.

1 Like
  1. Oh. Is there anything I can do to help you replicate the issue? I have it consistently failing across different folders and lists. Also, is there any troubleshooting I can do (e.g. turning on something like a debug mode for specific nodes)
    If it helps, here is the error message that comes up…

2. I think here is where it is mentioned ClickUp 2.0 · Apiary

3. Thanks, @RicardoE105!

@ajayjohn I’m going to look into the issue number 1 again. About 2, the API documentation does not tell me much, I asked how to use it on their community here but, I have not gotten an answer.

1 Like

I agree, their specs aren’t very informative at times. I tried everything I could and I couldn’t figure out how to get the RANGE operator to work, just as you mentioned in your community post. I could get all the other operators to work though.
So, I went ahead and raised a support request for your question.

@ajayjohn Actually I could make work just an equal operation. If you can send an example I can add all operations but range until they answer. I’m sending the data as shown below. Also, can you provide an example filtering by a custom field type label? Thanks.

custom_fields: [
   {
        field_id: 'the id of the field',
        operator: '='
        value: 3
   }
]
1 Like

Sure, here are the operators I could get to working…

//  Object structure for <, <=, >, >= and != operators
  {
    "field_id": "a45de679-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-c075dedbee9e",
    "operator": "<",
    "value": "2"
  }
]

//  Object structure for IS NULL and IS NOT NULL operators
  {
    "operator": "IS NULL"
  }
]

Here are the operators I could NOT get to work. This format seems to work well with label type custom fields when you use the NOT ALL or NOT ANY operators. But, I wasn’t able to get the ANY and ALL operators to work.

//  Object structure for ANY, ALL, NOT ANY and NOT ALL operators
  {
    "operator": "ANY",
    "values": ["Today", "Tomorrow"]
  }
]

//  Object structure for the RANGE operator
  {
    "operator": "RANGE",
    "values": ["50", "100"]
  }
]

Overall, I assume that these field IDs can be abstracted from the end user by using the get accessible custom fields call, which will contain the field name (ClickUp 2.0 · Apiary)

@RicardoE105,
Just checking in to see if the above examples were useful. Unfortunately, I haven’t heard any more information from the ClickUp support team.