Clickup Trigger node not working: The "key" argument must be of type string

Hi All.

So I have attempted to use the Clickup node, set the API key, and added my workspace so that it could pick up. I then set an event (ANy event) and set trigger to wait, once I create a new task on ClickUP I get the following error:

## Problem in node ‘ClickUp Trigger‘

The "key" argument must be of type string or an instance of ArrayBuffer, Buffer, TypedArray, DataView, KeyObject, or CryptoKey. Received undefined

Any suggestions?

• I am using Docker with the latest version
  • Using Postgres as a DB

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Update:
It seems this issue only occurs when testing the node

Any luck with this? I’m having the same issue. I can’t move past testing.

Unfortunately No.

You can Create the node and not test it, save the workflow with that one trigger note and activate the workflow and the run the event and you will see it passes is the previous execution page.

But since you cant do this while testing you cant build any other nodes off of it, and editing the workflow based on the results of previous executions is a PAID FEATURE there is really nothing else I can see one can do until they fix it

Can you share how you have the trigger node configured?

Doesn’t get much easier than that :thinking:

You can copy the data from the execution log to the workflow editor and pin it which doesn’t require any paid features and allows you do to pretty much the same thing with a tiny bit more work than clicking a button.

When the test fails is it instantly? I have taken a quick look in the node and we don’t set a “key” at all and the API docs doesn’t seem to mention one.

Ah just read your post again… so we listen but don’t handle the message back properly when testing, Let me get a test account set up and see if I can spot anything.

1 Like

My error comes when I activate the event that was listened for. Then it immediately posts the key error.

I think I figured it out. Do you do SSO with google as well?

@lib/google with the crypto library.

No This will be irrelevant.
As mentioned above, this issue only occurs in the editor once you try to Test the node or the workflow.
If you activate the workflow and run on an event the issue does not happen.

I am using a Clickup API key

Hi Jon.

Did you manage to find a fix?

Thanx again for your effort :slight_smile:

Not yet, Need to check this afternoon.