Close the hive alert error

Describe the issue/error/question

Hi team, I made 1new workflow to close the hive alert after upgrade to 201 version,but return error which said could not be found, while it’s exist in the hive. I use the hive 4, and other workflows don’t have such error. pls give some advice if possible.

What is the error message (if any)?

Pls see error below.

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

NodeApiError: UNKNOWN ERROR - check the detailed error for more information
    at Object.theHiveApiRequest (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/TheHive/GenericFunctions.js:33:15)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
    at async Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/TheHive/TheHive.node.js:475:40)
    at async Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/src/Workflow.js:658:28)
    at async /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/src/WorkflowExecute.js:562:53

docker logs

2022-11-16T06:11:31.990Z [Rudder] error: got error while attempting send for 3 times, dropping 2 events
2022-11-16T06:13:33.630Z [Rudder] error: got error while attempting send for 3 times, dropping 1 events
2022-11-16T06:15:17.473Z [Rudder] error: got error while attempting send for 3 times, dropping 3 events

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version:201
  • **Database you’re using (default: SQLite):default
  • **Running n8n with the execution process :default
  • **Running n8n via :Docker

Hi @teshcgv, I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you confirm from which version you have upgraded? Was this an n8n version < 0.200.0 by any chance? This version introduced a number of changes to the node, so would be good to understand if this has caused the problem for you.

Could you also confirm if the issue persists if you remove the old TheHive node from your workflow and add a new one from scratch (so without copying another one)?

Thank you!

Hi @MutedJam thanks for your help, yeah, I have downgraded to 0.199, seems fine. will feedback if any error

1 Like

Thanks so much for confirming @teshcgv, I’ve added this to our engineering backlog for a closer look.

Hi @MutedJam , still error:

{"context":{},"name":"NodeApiError","cause":{"message":"404 - {\"type\":\"NotFoundError\",\"message\":\"Alert not found\"}","name":"Error","stack":"Error: Request failed with status code 404\n    at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)\n    at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)\n    at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:269:11)\n    at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:525:35)\n    at IncomingMessage.emit (node:domain:489:12)\n    at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1358:12)\n    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)"},"timestamp":1669167644298,"message":"The resource you are requesting could not be found","node":{"parameters":{"resource":"alert","operation":"markAsRead","id":"= {{$node[\"Set\"].json[\"_id\"]}}"},"name":"CloseAlert","type":"n8n-nodes-base.theHive","typeVersion":1,"position":[2320,340],"retryOnFail":true,"maxTries":3,"id":"6603ba1c-e376-4348-8ab0-ac05315b94a9","notesInFlow":true,"credentials":{"theHiveApi":{"id":"1","name":"The Hive account-PROD"}}},"httpCode":"404","description":"Alert not found"}

Stack

NodeApiError: UNKNOWN ERROR - check the detailed error for more information
    at Object.theHiveApiRequest (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/TheHive/GenericFunctions.js:33:15)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
    at async Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/TheHive/TheHive.node.js:465:40)
    at async Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/src/Workflow.js:655:28)
    at async /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/src/WorkflowExecute.js:562:53

seems still can’t find alert while it’s realy in the hive

Oh, the Alert not found message would be what n8n gets from TheHive, suggesting the ID you provide when sending your request cannot be accessed through the TheHive API. Perhaps this is a problem with your credentials? As in the TheHive API credentials in n8n not having the same permissions as your TheHive UI user?

Hi @MutedJam , yeah, I also think so at first, but other workflows work fine except this new one with same credentials, so I don’t think it’s credentials issue.

Hey @teshcgv,

Bit of a delay on this but I have just started to look into it and I am not able to reproduce the issue on the latest release of n8n. Can you try the workflow below and let me know if it works?

1 Like