Clustered n8n installation

Hi,
I’d like to install a clustered n8n master/master installation that allows me to run n8n in HA mode (licences already purchased).
I was thinking to install 2 VMs running 2 docker instances of n8n, balanced for the web hooks by a haproxy load balancer, listening on a floating IP address.
The 2 n8n instances will be configured to access the same postgres database (and, in my understanding, redis).
I don’t know it it is the correct way to put n8n in cluster…I read about the architecture with workers that should do the trick.
Thank you in advance if you can pint me to the right piece of documentation.
regards

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @Zambot1971

I think you are looking for this documentation

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response…
I already landed on that kind of configuration, but in my understanding it does not provide HA.
When the master node goes down all the triggers (webhook, rabbit connectors…) go down ad well.
My idea id to have multiple n8n instances, balanced by a proxy and a virtual ip, that run the triggers, with the “slaves” that take place of a master wher the master goes down.

Please, read the provided docs more accurately, as it says how to configure a HA :wink:

1 Like