Code node, struggling compared to the old function node

@Bram Thanks! … keep wondering why it’s more complicated with the new Code node than with the old Function(Item) nodes … at least to me …

1 Like

It’s just a bit different. I was very annoyed by it as well in the beginning, but you’ll get used to it.
Atleast it does make sense and it more or less the same for each mode now. :slight_smile:

i really dont get along with it at all, i avoid using it as much as possible now, its just overly complicated whereas the older way as complex but worked pretty well.

Thing is (at least for me) that it’s hard to build a workflow without the Code node. I decided to totally forget the old Function nodes, and study the Code node. For this, I re-read the docs and put together a workflow with a few samples that hopefully illustrate the basics. I’m going to share this, together with a little write-up/explanation in the coming days …

1 Like

yeah same for me alot of my flow use custom code in the code node, which means i end up spending more time data wrangling and troubleshooting javascript when really the whole point of using n8n was to cut my time down. so i spend intense periods getting stuff to work and then try to not use it as much as possible except where i can only do it with code.

It’d be really handy if there was a python node etc.

@RedPacketSec hope this helps a little … Code Node for Beginners

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.