Constrain the workflow to completion, even if an error is present?

Hello everyone,

I have set up a workflow with Google Books that allows me to create an upcoming and past reading list with all the information that is useful to me for each book.
This works pretty well, except when Google Books returns missing information (like Publisher, Excerpt or other information) the workflow stops and fails.

My question: Is it possible to constrain the progress of the workflow to the end, even if several data are not returned?

Thank you in advance

What is the error message (if any)?
ERROR: UNKNOWN ERROR - check the detailed error for more information

body failed validation. Fix one: body.properties.Edition.select.id should be defined, instead was undefined. body.properties.Edition.select.name should be defined, instead was undefined.

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup
-n8n version: 0.220.1

Hi @Adrien1, you can force n8n to continue even when hitting an error. To do so, you’d need to enable the “Continue On Fail” option on the respective nodes:

Just be aware that the error output of a node will look different from the success output, so you would want to make sure your workflow accounts for this.

Hi MutedJam,

Thank you for your help.
I activated the “Continue On Fail” option, on the corresponding nodes, but the problem remains unchanged.
When data returned from Google Books is not available, the workflow goes into error and everything is stopped…
Very often the data not returned is either the name of the author or/and the publisher of the book, essential data for a book…

Adrien

Hi @Adrien1, I am not sure I understand. Are you saying that after enabling the “Continue On Fail” option on the “Notion2 Update” node, n8n still stops the execution on this node? Can you share an example dataset you’re passing on this node and confirm how exactly you have setup your Notion database?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.