Could not Connect to O365

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to send an email, but after I set up the node I got the messages below. I created a connection with my own O365 account settings. The host is smtp.office365.com.

When I set to use port 25 = ERROR: Error: Invalid login: 535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful [MW4PR03CA0236.namprd03.prod.outlook.com]

When I set 587 c/tls = ERROR: Error: 140680847310152:error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number:…/deps/openssl/openssl/ssl/record/ssl3_record.c:332:

Any clue?

Hey @maferraz!

Welcome to the community :tada:

Microsoft has this known issue for a while now. You can follow the instructions mentioned here: How to solve connection error when connecting to Outlook.com?

Let me know if you still face the issue :slight_smile:

Hi Harshil,

Unfornutally, I followed the steps, but the problem persists.

The most interesting point is the status of sign-in is successful.

Hey @maferraz!

I was able to reproduce your issue and found a solution. In the credentials you have to disable the SSL/TLS parameter.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

I also wanted to point out that we have the Microsoft Outlook node that you can use.

1 Like

Hi harshil172,

I don’t know why, but the version of n8n I am using here doesn’t these options you mention in your clue.

Hi Harshil1712,

AS you can see below, I did the same as you said, but the authentication fail saying

ERROR: Error: Invalid login: 535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful [MW4PR04CA0305.namprd04.prod.outlook.com]

No options were selected and I am sure the username and password are right.

`

As you can see above, the last active show I was able to sync, but the truth is different.

Hey @maferraz!

Can you please let me know which version you’re using? Can you please try it with the latest version?

The error message that you shared is different from what you had earlier. Earlier you were having an Issue with SSL which got resolved. It seems now that the error is with your credentials. Can you please try copy and paste your credentials?

Hi Harshil,

Thanks for your support. I could send a message following your instructions (disable TLS) and click on send email square.

About Microsoft Outlook, I don’t have this node as you can see below. I am using the n8n implementation at Securiti.ai solution. I have Outlook node only.

Then they probably are using an old version of n8n without those nodes. You have to contact them.