Create a separate instance on n8n cloud for upgrades

Hi all,

I am currently on version 0.189 on n8n cloud. Last time I updated, I had some compatabilities issues. I would like to update, but avoid breaking any of my workflows. Is there a way I can have an additional instance within my plan to test my workflows in an updated n8n version? Or is their another way how I could make sure everything is working correctly before permanently updating?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @bees8,

We don’t really do test environments with cloud but if you wanted to test some workflows you could try running n8n locally and giving it a quick test before doing the upgrade.

We do take backups of the cloud instances though so if something was to go wrong and downgrading from the management dashboard didn’t work we would be able to restore the backup for you.

1 Like

Thanks Jon! Can you point me where I can find the downgrade option? Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @bees8,

In the Cloud dashboard under Manage there is an option to change the version, As long as you are in the last 2 you should be able to change the version although you wouldn’t be able to go down to 189 again but if you opened a support ticket we could restore a backup for it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.