Creating links to files on the dropbox

When I just insert the token directly without any special n8n connection then it works. When I try your method unfortunately it doesn’t work. unfortunately, the token I used goes out quickly.

When you add the options to the oauth credential type it should give you a connect button on the page.

Using this should then allow it to work, If you are getting a 404 when you press the connect button it would be handy to know what stage of the authentication process you get it. It could be on the way back to your n8n install in which case I would check the “OAuth Redirect URL” at the top of the page to make sure it is correct.

2 Likes

OK, thanks. Everything is there, I just put the App key again and
App secret, new link
Redirect URIs. This time it worked, but I don’t know why. Is it a long-lasting token? If I understand correctly, I got a connection to the drop box and each time I get a new token for the module that can perform any operation if, of course, the permissions allow it. Do I think right?

It will be 2 tokens one to use now and a refresh token that will be used to create a new token as needed.

1 Like

The part on the screen takes care of obtaining these tokens. This item is used to connect to the drop box. He himself will automatically update the token. Below, I can add any operation that, for example, will return a list of files. Do I understand correctly?

Yeah that sounds right.

1 Like

cool thanks :slight_smile:

Is it possible to connect directly to the primary dropbox account, or will it be safer to connect to another account that has the appropriate permissions ?

I don’t understand, What do you mean by primary dropbox account? It shouldn’t matter what account you use as long as it has access to what you are sharing.

oki :slight_smile: thanks

Have you ever had links to a file in the drop box expiring?

I can’t say that I have but I don’t use Dropbox.

I don’t know how it will be here, but when I used another application, sometimes the links to the file expired

That might be a question for Dropbox or maybe they mention it in their API docs.

whether using the http module is the only way to get the list of dropbox files in n8n ?