Dealing with annoying Zoom authorization issue

Hey @trijste,

Why are you adding that header parameter to it? If you use the prefefined OAuth or the generic oauth we will automatically include that. I wonder if the issue you are seeing is because that is set in the node.

Hey @Jon, Thanks so much for your continued attention. I initially added the header in again to see if it was why the node was failing. I’ll remove it and see if there’s something I missed.

I’ve switched it back to what I set it to initially and will post again to confirm if I am having the same error.

This is on a self-hosted instance. I’ve talked my company into a cloud account, so it could be that there’s something muddying my self-hosted instance that wouldn’t cause an issue once migrated to the cloud account.

Hey @trijste,

That I don’t know about, For most of my testing I use a self hosted instance rather than cloud so I can monitor the logs without connecting to another system so I suspect unless you are doing something odd on the outbound connection like going through a proxy that is changing the content it should be about the same.

Hopefully this solves it though and I suspect you will know by now :slight_smile:

Hey @Jon, I tested and unfortunately the workflow still fails with this message:

The provided authorization grant (e.g., authorization code, resource owner credentials) or refresh token is invalid, expired, revoked, does not match the redirection URI used in the authorization request, or was issued to another client.

Maybe there’s some issue with the zoom app I created and I should delete it and start from scratch. I don’t see anything in the message provided with the failure that suggests another lead, and your tests suggest there’s no inherent reason for this failure in the platform/node.

The documentation mentions a whitelist url that isn’t asked for in the app setup. I’m curious how you set up your zoom app and what you did differently than what’s listed in the n8n documentation.

Hey @Jon, I think that was it. I created a new app and made sure NOT to click the “Add” button at the end, but instead just make sure the id and secret were passed back into the n8n credential. Seems to be working on its own now, which is :cook:

Must be something about clicking the Add button that burns the token somewhere along the line.

SCRATCH THAT. This failed again today with this message:

ERROR: The provided authorization grant (e.g., authorization code, resource owner credentials) or refresh token is invalid, expired, revoked, does not match the redirection URI used in the authorization request, or was issued to another client.

I think there’s an issue unaccounted for, @Jon.

1 Like

I have migrated to a cloud-hosted instance and can confirm that using the Zoom credentials in the HTTP request node (as set up for the official Zoom node) works as expected and keeps the automation alive. Any issues I encountered when trying to run this on my self-hosted n8n were likely due to issues beyond the scope of this thread.

1 Like