Deceptive Site Ahead [urgent]

i have updated the n8n into verson 0.219.1 and it works properly as usual, however, after a few hours, google regards it as unsafe domain with pfishing and turn it as dangerous site.

it is install with docker in digital ocean and this domain is only for n8n, can you please advise the way to solve and all the webhooks are not working at this moment and i think it is related to this issue,

1 Like

i would like to say that for the version 0.219.1 may have some problem, as i have 2 server for n8n, and i try to update the 2nd server, it show the same problem, my second server is installed with npm and in cloudways, which is total different from my first server

Hi @Louis_kwok,

It might be worth following the steps here: Google tagged my URL as phishing after using n8n OAuth - #2 by MutedJam it should get you back up and running.

I have let the team internally know about this as well.

I have the same issue on my end on both servers !!! Can anyone find a fix for this thing?

Hey @ShiZniT,

We are working on it but for now you will need to report the site as safe with Google.

2 Likes

Has there been any progress on this? I reported my site as safe a couple of times, but it still opens as deceptive every time

1 Like

Hey @dimitri,

This should now be fully resolved, We removed the files causing the issue. If you are astill seeing this can you let me know which version of n8n you are running?

1 Like

The same problem is happening to me too… which is flagged as “fraudulent site” how can I solve this problem? I downloaded the version they indicate for installation.

1 Like

Hey @Alvo_Doze,

Welcome to the community :tada:

I have translated the message for you, Can you confirm the version of n8n you are running? On our side we believe this issue has been fully resolved so it would be handy to know what version you are on.

The version I took directly from the official website … does it not update automatically? Segue abaixo

Não é essa versão?

Qual é a versão que está corrida ? pode me mandar o link?

No you would need to manually update it by doing a docker pull, Did you check the version you are running?

Can you show me a tutorial how to do the update?

How do I see the version of my n8n ?

I installed it and the following error appears:
Daemon error response: Failed to create shim task: OCI runtime creation failed: runc creation failed: Could not start container process: error during container initialization: error mounting "/<directory -path>/n8n-docker-caddy/caddy_config/Caddyfile " for rootfs in “/etc/caddy/Caddyfile”: mount //n8n-docker-caddy/caddy_config/Caddyfile:/etc/caddy/Caddyfile (via /proc/self/fd/6), flags: 0x5000: not a directory: unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory to a file (or vice versa)? Check that the specified host path exists and is the expected type

Can you help me?
Thank you very much!

I didn’t have this issue “Deceptive site ahead” until I updated n8n a week or two ago. I was on a version from February I think.

I updated it again (now on 1.0.5) and still see the Google red banner.

Did you report your site as safe @jb8n? It won’t just fix itself you need to let them know it is a false positive and with the changes made a couple of months ago this won’t come back.

Yes I did, today.

Okay, so you mean the issue is fixed by n8n for instances deployed on new URLs, but old/current URLs won’t unlist themselves from Google automatically?

If so, I’m curious on how these Google warnings work, do you know how it happened and how it was fixed? Google randomly scanned (or used chrome history?) to find potentially malicious files?

Hey @jb8n,

It is all part of Googles Safe Browsing process, How it works is a bit of a mystery but they basically crawl the site find something they don’t like and block it. In this case it was some polyfil code that was used to maintain compatability with older internet browsers, In the end to fix this properly we just removed the code and changed the browsers we officially support.

1 Like

I have this issue right now, I strongly believe that Google thinks we are trying to imitate the original website as the login page looks similar for many subdomains worldwide and maybe Google thinks that we are trying to pretend to be the original n8n website. The best way is to customize the login page and remove anything that will make it look like the original n8n website and make it similar to others who are using it. Having our own logo won’t trigger Google to flag us. I think this is the reason why many famous open-source software like Odoo, Moodle, etc allow full customization. Sooner or later everyone who is going to use n8n will start facing this. In Odoo they even stopped putting their logo on the login page.

Hey @Anand,

Whcih version of n8n are you currently running?

Hi, I go this error while trying to install using the Digital Ocean documentation: Error response from daemon: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: error mounting “//n8n-docker-caddy/caddy_config/Caddyfile” to rootfs at “/etc/caddy/Caddyfile”: mount //n8n-docker-caddy/caddy_config/Caddyfile:/etc/caddy/Caddyfile (via /proc/self/fd/6), flags: 0x5000: not a directory: unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type

Can I please get some help? I see @Alvo_Doze also faced the same problem, and I’m unsure if he’s found a solution to this?