Desktop App update?

Is it possible to update Desktop App somehow to use latest n8n @ 0.148.0 ?
Now it always pulls n8n @ 0.147.1

P.S.: I have found n8n-updater/installer.exe but after running it I get same version.
P.S.S.: I’m using Windows :slight_smile:

Hi @Rugia

cool, that you are using the Desktop App :slight_smile:

Unfortunately is the n8n version bound to the release, which means you would need to uninstall and then re-install the app with an updated one. We are looking into making this easier for the users.

However, at the moment does releasing a new version of the Desktop App require significant manual work, which means that we won’t be able to release every n8n version as a Desktop App until we are able to automate the whole process. I cannot provide you with more information about which versions will be released in the future, because we currently focus on the Linux version of the App. We’ll keep the community posted with decisions regarding this :slight_smile:

If you need to run [email protected] you unfortunately have to either use Docker, npm, npx or our cloud offering.

2 Likes

So the Linux version is coming soon. :tada:

I’m so excited. :grinning:

1 Like

Hey @Ben thanks for the clarification!
I suspected such answer, but couldn’t find it (in this community). Hopefully it will help for others if they have same question :wink:

P.S.: I’m successfully using n8n with docker and was very excited to find out that Desktop App was created. It’s a great way to attract more people (i.e. citizen developers) to try out n8n.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. If it’s not a lot of trouble, at least remove the update message from the desktop app. It’s frustrating to be informed of an update, click the link, and then find no relevant update options.

2 Likes