Docker Get Workflow Proccess

Hello.

Is there a way to identify what workflow is running via process inside the docker container?

For example i run

docker exec -it n8n top

but it only shows the bellow command when running a workflow

/usr/local/bin/node /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/dist/src/WorkflowRunnerProcess.js

Is there a way to identify which workflow is running everytime via top command or ps inside the docker container?

Hi @Mulen, I am not aware of a way to see identify the currently running workflow via top I am afraid. You could, however, set the log level to verbose (N8N_LOG_LEVEL=verbose) and would then see the start and end of your workflow executions in the logs:

2021-12-06T12:43:54.641Z | verbose  | Workflow execution started {"workflowId":"39","file":"WorkflowExecute.js","function":"processRunExecutionData"}
2021-12-06T12:44:09.280Z | verbose  | Workflow execution finished successfully {"workflowId":"39","file":"WorkflowExecute.js","function":"processSuccessExecution"}

If you send the logs to the console (which is the default setting), you can fetch them like so from the command line:

docker logs n8n

You could also fetch and filter them for workflow execution log entries like so:

docker logs n8n | grep "Workflow execution"
1 Like

@MutedJam Thank you. Will try to do it as you said.