Add a download button in the node details, when the data is too large to show in the browser (memory allocation issues).
This should simply download the JSON data as a plain text file, so you can investigate the data with the text editor of your choice.
- You are fetching an API endpoint and get back hundreds or thousands of elements
- The elements are repesented as a large JSON object structure
- You get an error in a later step in the workflow and want to investigate the data to figure out why it happened
- n8n shows a warning that the data is very large and may cause issues with memory allocation in the browser while rendering the JSON to the view
- In this warning message n8n provides a download button which enables the user to download the JSON as a plain text file to do an “offine investigation” outside the browser
You would not run in memory allocation issues anymore.