Error in workflow: "Cannot set properties of undefined (setting 'Merge')"

Describe the issue/error/question

An error started occurring in an existing workflow with n8n version 0.180.0. I was unable to reproduce the problem with other workflows. Reverting to n8n version 0.179.0 eliminated the error.

What is the error message (if any)?

The following error occurred apparently in the Merge node:

There was a problem executing the workflow:
**"Cannot set properties of undefined (setting 'Merge')"**

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

None. The error stops execution

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.180.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): postgres
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: default
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: docker

i have exactly the same problem

bump same problem

Hey all, I am very sorry to hear this is causing trouble :frowning:

I have already flagged this internally but am having a hard time reproducing this right now. @Chase could you share the JSON output of the last nodes before your Merge node? I tried reproducing this with some dummy data on my end, but the Merge node in “Merge by Index” mode is working as expected for me:

Or perhaps @Rodrigo_Barbosa or @roofboard can share a workflow using which this problem can be reproduced on [email protected]?

I have the same problem, works when manually executing, but when running as a flow, all my separate flows now are dead due to this same issue.

We managed to reproduce this in the meantime and Jan is currently looking into this.

yeah, this is a big bug!

Thanks for expediting this.

Hi all, [email protected] containing two fixes for this has been released and is currently being built. It should become available in the next 30 to 40 minutes.

1 Like

0.181.1 is available now and my test workflow now finishes as expected :slight_smile:

Let me know if you’re still facing trouble on your end!

1 Like

this seems to be working so far…phew!! thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the quick fix @MutedJam!

1 Like

Thanks that is awesome!

1 Like