Error when running shopify trigger

I’m getting the following error when running customer created shopify trigger. Any idea how to fix?

ERROR: The "key" argument must be one of type Buffer, TypedArray, DataView, string, or KeyObject. Received type undefined
TypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The "key" argument must be one of type Buffer, TypedArray, DataView, string, or KeyObject. Received type undefined
    at prepareSecretKey (internal/crypto/keys.js:299:13)
    at new Hmac (internal/crypto/hash.js:101:9)
    at Object.createHmac (crypto.js:139:10)
    at Object.webhook (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Shopify/ShopifyTrigger.node.js:357:48)
    at Workflow.runWebhook (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/src/Workflow.js:505:33)
    at Object.executeWebhook (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/dist/src/WebhookHelpers.js:47:48)
    at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5)
    at async /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/dist/src/TestWebhooks.js:29:37

Does this happen when you create the trigger or when you receive the event?

Just tested it and it works just fine for me. Which makes me think the issue can be on the credentials. Please double check. If that does not fix the issue simply come back to me.

The credentials work for other api requests…it still does not work, can you advise?

I can sadly also not see anything wrong. Can you please try to create new credentials (you can use the same ones, just save them again under a new name in n8n) and then also test the Trigger-Node with that new credentials in a new workflow. Just to be sure that not some kind of messed up data in the database causes that problem for you. Thanks!

@jan I get the following error. Is there something that needs to be done to “register” the webhook?

ResponseError: The requested webhook is not registred.
    at TestWebhooks.callTestWebhook (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/dist/src/TestWebhooks.js:16:19)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/dist/src/Server.js:713:52
    at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
    at next (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:137:13)
    at Route.dispatch (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:112:3)
    at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:281:22
    at param (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:354:14)
    at param (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:365:14)
    at Function.process_params (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:410:3) {
  name: 'ResponseError',
  errorCode: 404,
  httpStatusCode: 404
}

It does do that automatically as soon as you active the workflow or you press “Execute Workflow”.

@jan how do you create the shopify credentials? I gave the credentials read+write permissions but no luck…

Perhaps I’m doing something wrong?

@jan @RicardoE105 the “rawBody” property is undefined, could this be part of the issue?

@tjenkins just to make sure. Does the error happen when you receive the event?

Make sure the under shop subdomain you are adding the just the subdomain and not the complete url

My complete url is: https://n8n-105.myshopify.com, the subdomain part it’s just n8n-105

It’s working perfectly for me.