Error while trying to reinstall n8n

Describe the issue/error/question

I wanted to reinstall n8n the offical way(I just used the “raw” docker image before) to support running n8n behind my domain. While following this guide. When trying to start it with sudo docker-compose up -d I get an error.

What is the error message (if any)?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "docker-compose", line 3, in <module>
  File "compose/cli/main.py", line 81, in main
  File "compose/cli/main.py", line 200, in perform_command
  File "compose/cli/command.py", line 70, in project_from_options
  File "compose/cli/command.py", line 144, in get_project
  File "compose/config/config.py", line 317, in find
  File "compose/config/config.py", line 353, in get_default_config_files
  File "compose/config/config.py", line 389, in find_candidates_in_parent_dirs
  File "posixpath.py", line 383, in abspath
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
[583383] Failed to execute script docker-compose

Please share the workflow

(Select the nodes and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow respectively)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: latest(isn’t declared in docker-compose.yaml)
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: docker

Hey @TheDanniCraft,

Welcome to the community :tada:

Do you have the docker compose file in the folder you are running the command from?

Yes, it is in the same folder

Was there any other output before that error? Can you share your compose file as well with anything important replaced (passwords, emails, domains).

I fixed it, it was a problem with my hosters antivirus system, they just deleted all the files when I start docker compose, I now added it to the whitelist. Now I have it installed but I can’t access it.
I just get redirected to the deaufault plesk page (Plesk is installed on my server).

1 Like

Hi @TheDanniCraft, this sounds like it would be a problem with your web server/reverse proxy configuration. Which web server are you using (I believe Plesk systems would typically use Nginx as a reverse proxy, but I don’t have access to Plesk to verify this) and how is it currently configured?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.