Execute workflow return "The service refused the connection - perhaps it is offline"

Describe the problem/error/question

I created a main workflow that call a sub-workflow using an “Execute Workfklow” step in the main and an “Execute Workflow Trigger” in the sub.
I used the id defined in the url of the sub.

What is the error message (if any)?

connect ECONNREFUSED ::1:80

{

"status": "rejected",
"reason": {
"message": "connect ECONNREFUSED ::1:80",
"name": "Error",
"stack": "Error: connect ECONNREFUSED ::1:80 at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (node:net:1494:16)",
"code": "ECONNREFUSED"
}
}

Please share your workflow

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.4.0
  • Database (default: SQLite): Postgresql
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): default
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: Linux

Hi @Thibault_Granie, welcome to the community!

I am sorry you’re having trouble. The main workflow itself looks fine to me. Is there a chance your sub-workflow (the one you’re calling in your Execute Workfklow node) is running into an error?

Hi Tom,
Thanks for your reply.
No the sub workflow its working perfectly… and the subworkflow is not triggered at all.

Hm, I am unfortunately not able to reproduce this on my end. Seeing you’re seeing a ECONNREFUSED error I wonder if this might be a networking problem in your environment.

Are you perhaps able to workaround this by using a HTTP Request node in your main workflow calling the URL of a Webhook node in your sub-workflow?

Yes thanks for the tips.
Regarding the network issue, I’m deploying on kubernetes.
Do I have to set the environment variables like :
N8N_PROTOCOL: xxxx
N8N_PORT: xxxx
N8N_HOST: xxxx
Is it the inside network info (inside kube) or outside using the domain name ?

Hey @Thibault_Granie,

I am not that familiar with Kubernetes but if it helps those are Environment variables so you would set them in the standard kubernetes way.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.