Execution History Node Output "Copy to Clipboard" Copies Pinned Data Instead of Executed Node Output

Hi,

I’m not sure if this is a bug or my misunderstanding but it seems unintuitive to me:

1. Run a live execution of a flow containing a node with pinned output
  2. View that execution history and the node’s output in JSON format
  3. Click the JSON output “Copy to Clipboard” icon
  4. Paste from clipboard, and it is the node’s pinned output, not the live output that was displayed when clicking the Copy button

I expected the Copy to Clipboard button in a live execution history would copy the data that was being displayed rather than the data that is pinned for dev/test.

Is there a better way to copy the actual output from a live execution? Or should the behavior of the copy button be changed to copy what’s displayed when it’s clicked?

Thanks!

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Sure, and some additional info about the symptoms:

Version 1.15.2
DB Postgres
EXECUTION_PROCESS: not sure. (we never set it, so default “own”?)
Running in AWS EKS

The pinned data which gets copied seems to be stored in the execution history. To test this, I unpinned the node output in the editor, saved, refreshed the browser, and then tried copying from the execution history again. It still got the pinned data.

As a workaround, I found you can copy the live node execution output as long as the node doesn’t have anything pinned at time of execution. So you can go to the editor, unpin the data, perform another live execution, and then the copy icon copies the JSON from the live execution.

Hi @jzrts, thanks so much for reporting this and sorry for the trouble! This does sound like unexpected behaviour to me.

I’ll see if I can still reproduce this on the latest n8n version and will then add it to our bug tracker for a closer look by the engineering team.

New version [email protected] got released which includes the GitHub PR 8009.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.