Export workflows with tags [GOT CREATED]

I recently did a migration and export all my workflows and credentials.

My export command

n8n export:credentials --backup --output=backups/credentials
n8n export:workflow --backup --output=backups/workflows

My import command

n8n import:workflow --separate --input=backups/workflows
n8n import:credentials --separate --input=backups/credentials

It took me to run the import two times to import all my workflows. I’ve tried this three times.

I also look into the exported workflows files and see that there is no information relating to the tags of my workflows. It would be nice to be able to export the tags too.

Thanks @nhlong for bringing this up here. We have this feature already on our list :+1:

We excluded the tags on purpose from the export for now, because we want to put more thought into how to do it the right way, but did not want to delay the release of the tags feature.

3 Likes

My pull request to add this feature: Export and Import Workflow Tags by Lucaber · Pull Request #2653 · n8n-io/n8n · GitHub

4 Likes

I’m not able to replicate the Codacy issues with yarn lint locally. Is Codacy using a different eslint config/version?

Got released with [email protected]

in n8n v1.6.1 when exporting and importing all workflows, it imported without tags !
but when i open tag menu i can see the tags !and i need to assign every workflow to it’s tag!

Same issue here. I am on 1.7.1

Hi @jan

I have same issue as @MotazHakim or @Meteo02 with my recent n8n version 1.17.1

When importing workflows, using CLI command :

n8n import:workflow --separate --input=/my_workflow_path_example

Workflow are imported normally, except that there are no tags associated with them, we have to assign tags to the appropriate workflows manually… (we have a lot of workflows :wink: )

In the exported json file, tags are available in “tags” key which contains as value an array of tags objects (createdAt, updatedAt, id , name).

I have noticed that tags appears into the Manage tags windows with “Not being use” usage, also if i open a workflow then clic on “+ Add tag” tags appears as well, but they are not assigned.

Something is missing with workflow’s tag assignation using n8n import:workflow CLI command.

Thanks for your feedback

Tags not appearing when importing a workflow is a known issue that is currently in our backlog to be fixed.

I have just noticed the other 2 replies to this and the original request for exporting with tags which has been released so for now I am going to mark this feature as complete and lock the topic.

You can find the issue report for this here: Tags not being added to workflow when imported through command line · Issue #5477 · n8n-io/n8n · GitHub if you wanted to follow it for updates.

New version [email protected] got released which includes the GitHub PR 8001.

1 Like