Facebook Lead Ads integration [GOT CREATED]

It would be absolutely great if Facebook Lead Ads integration could be added.

This would be a trigger upon a new Facebook lead ad on a specific Facebook page and/or lead form.

I currently use Zapier to import Facebook Lead Ads into Mautic and Constant Contact and would love to see this feature added.

+1 Here. This would be key for Marketing efforts.

Facebook doesnā€™t offer alternatives to the Lead Generation management (Google Ads, for example, allows to send a webhook to an endpoint); the only way is to download a CSV file manually.

Hope this gets attention at some point.

1 Like

This is an extremely good idea !!!

1 Like

Connecting facebook lead ads to our CRM is my biggest usecase for tools like n8n. Without it, I canā€™t move to a much more powerful tool like n8n. Any ETA on this?

2 Likes

This is already entirely possible with the Facebook trigger node. It is necessary to set up a facebook app with appropriate permissions at https://developers.facebook.com, but once thatā€™s done it works like any other subscription.

(One caveat about implementation: Facebook Webhooks get unsubcribed after first webhook recieved)

What object are you using in the trigger to get new leads?

Welcome to the community @amit

This is in the pipeline, but it might be already possible with the Facebook Trigger, as @this-gavagai mentioned. Not 100% sure.

The Page object has a leadgen hook, which is accessible from the developers.facebook.com app page.

As discussed in the other thread I linked, the trigger node doesnā€™t currently handle webhook subscriptions, so they have to be set manually every time the workflow is activated. In principle, it should be possible to specify subscriptions in the node object itself, but at present itā€™s possible to accomplish the same end with a Workflow trigger.

Hi is there any update on when we can integrate with Facebook Lead Ads?

This willl be very imp for us

We looked into this but are some limitations that did not make it possible. For example, the one I remember itā€™s that Facebook OAuth2 flow uses GET to exchange the token, and n8n currently only supports POST. There were a couple more that I do not remember at the moment.

Any workaround on how to solve this problem (get FB Leads) with the current nodes and capabilities?

Welcome to the community @spatialy

Sadly not that Iā€™m aware of.

Hello Guys, theres any ETA for this function? It may be possible by facebook webhook function?

Welcome to the community @Silvon_Tavares

No, due to technical limitations as I explained here.

It may be possible by facebook webhook function?

As long as Facebook Leads Ads support webhooks itā€™s possible to use the webhook node.

1 Like

Hey Ricardo
any updates on the topic?
Cheers Bastian

1 Like

The Facebook process to get Webhooks working with ā€œleadgensā€ is really intricate. A lot of steps, permissions and validations, the usual ā€œmeta shananigansā€. So that n8nā€™s GET / POST restriction seems like it could be dealt with. It seems like a simple intermediary that converts get to post could do the trickā€¦ Anyway, if anyone can point to an alternative process it would be great. Thereā€™s clearly a large demand for this.

The way we are going to solve this is by moving the authorization callback and token exchange process to the credentials file. Per OAuth2 credential, the user (node developer) would define the request that needs to be made allowing us to adjust to any non-standard oAuth2 flow out there (looking at you Facebook).

Is there an ETA for this yet, @RicardoE105?

Good news, A node for Facebook Lead Ads is being worked on at the moment and the PR for those curious can be found below.

5 Likes