Failed Execution is showing as Succeeded in the Execution Log

Describe the problem/error/question

Failed Execution is showing as Succeeded in the Execution Log.

You can see it stops at the third node and does not complete

What is the error message (if any)?

Nil

Please share your workflow

See above

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

Cloud latest version of n8n

Hey @wildmike,

Looking at that workflow there is no error there so I would expect it to show as succeeded, It looks like the third node didn’t return any data. If you manually input those items and test the node does it return anything?

1 Like

It’s inherently an error as there is ALWAYS a record in that board. or if there is not then it is an Error.

I would have thought a script finishing half way through would count as an error.

I could set the “Always output data” on that way it will fail in the following nodes.

Or better to throw an error e.g. add a node IF last node result is Null then have an error node - more elegant I guess

That is very odd, if there was any data coming back even an error we should display that. As the output shows though if there is no data we do stop the workflow but we don’t treat it as an error for that you would need to do what you have suggested.

I am not sure why no data was returned though, did you try manually running the node with the same input parameters? Are you also able to share the actual workflow so we can test it and the version of n8n you are running?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.