Flow orientation setting per workflow (or global default)

I believe it would be a nice feature to be able to set the “flow orientation”, left to right, right to left, up or down on a per workflow basis (or default, global setting).

I would sometimes like to build from bottom and upwards. And people who write from right to left might feel it be more natural to have the flow go from right to left?

Just a thought. :smiley:

Hi @kanintesova

Don’t forget to vote yourself. :slight_smile:

I do like the idea, but I think it would not be worth the trouble for the n8n team to develop this.
Also. having one flow direction is also easier for readability of a flow as it is always the same. Same for teaching new n8n users how to use it.

1 Like

I totally understand that :wink:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your feature request! Yes, agree with @BramKn . I like the idea but not sure if it would be worth the amount of initial work and especially also ongoing one. After all, does it also have other implications like where the node names get displayed. That would have to change according to the configuration because else you for example the names and the connections overlap, which would not be great for readability.

2 Likes