Get an Interface to e2n calendar

Describe the issue/error/question

I’m working on an interface between n8n and e2n, which is a software for personal managment of the company. I want to get the calender information of e2n into my n8n workflow.

What is the error message (if any)?

No Error Message, but e2n got the option to work with an rest api key, but there is no field to authenticate with this key.

Please share the workflow

(Select the nodes and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow respectively)

Share the output returned by the last node

the workflow is working, but because it is not authenticated the e2n server doesn’t respond the correct datas. That is why my Array at the end is empty-

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version: 0.188.0

Hey @dpit2all,

Do you have a link to the API documentation for e2n? The HTTP Request node looks to be set up for Basic Auth so it could be that you need to use Header Auth if it is an API key.

sadly no, the only “documentation” they got is an instuction to find the api key.

Hey @dpit2all,

That is going to be a bit of a problem, If there are no docs on how to authenticate with the API or what endpoints can be called we are not really going to be able to do anything.

It may be worth getting in touch with E2N to see if they have documentation they can share that will then tell us what needs to be setup to be able to use it.

The only other option would be to try authenticating like you are assuming their app supports basic auth then trying to scrape the data.

Looking at the login page it is first going to post to https://app.e2n.de/login.jsf and it will need some form data…

j_idt32=j_idt32
j_idt32%3Aj_idt40=username-here
j_idt32%3Aj_idt42=password
j_idt32%3Aj_idt44=on
j_idt32%3Aj_idt46=
javax.faces.ViewState=7179380874660034668%3A-6242742549105453514

I suspect ViewState is going to change so it may work without that but it looks like this isn’t going to be a quick process.