Get the number of all executions for this month via api or workflow

I have a question about the execution limits in n8n. I would like to track, if 80%, 90% and 99% of the execution limits are reached and would like to send an Warning or an error message to our ticket system.

To add the number of executions to our dashboard in our apm would also be great to track our execution limits. I was not able to find an n8n element or api endpoint to get this number of executions and the customer limit. Is there any way to get this value once a day? Or when the called limits are reached? Or will n8n send automatically a message to all users?

I’ve already thought about a database, where the executions will be triggered as an iteration So in each active workflow will be a row in some database iterated when the workflow will be executed, also if the workflow failed. And if the number is equal to x % a subworfklow with the message generation would be started.

I look forward to an answer in order to find the most sensible and simplest implementation. If there is a function or an element which i haven’t found i would be happy to get the link to the documentation.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.25.1
  • Database (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): default
  • Running n8n via: n8n cloud
  • Operating system: windows

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @yab,

On Cloud we will email when you get close to your limit and when you hit 100%, we do have an undocumented limits endpoint you could manually check as well using instancename.app.n8n.cloud/limits although as it is undocumented it could be removed or changed at anytime.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.