Global webhook trapping to a workflow?

Describe the problem/error/question

Is it possible to trap global webhook ‘not started’ and workflow finished messages that I occasionally see, Ideally having a global workflow that writes a more human readable html response.

Ideally I’d like to stop/reformat messages like the following as they don’t much to the average end viewer who is a person and not an application:

What is the error message (if any)?

and

Please share your workflow

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.222.1
  • Database (default: SQLite): postgres
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): default
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): docker
  • Operating system: redhat and debian

Hi @0101binary0101, I am afraid these messages are hard-coded, for example here. So for now I’ll convert this question into a feature request so you (and other users of course) can vote on having this implemented going forward.

1 Like

Thanks @MutedJam - I’ve kept thinking about this and thought maybe I could trap the response in the reverse proxy and redirect the view that way but at the same time I keep thinking it could be solved just as easily if n8n had some global workflow modifiers. These wouldn’t have be used by default but can be set if required.

1 Like

This could definitely be an option, although I’ve never done this before. I like your thinking though, I am also using a reverse proxy to add other functionality to n8n it wouldn’t otherwise have :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.