Gmail node - “Reply to” email parameter

Hi

It would be great to be able to specify the “Reply to” email in the Gmail node.

Right now the gmail node allow to specify the sender name, cc’ed & bcc’ed email but don’t allow custom reply-to address.

Exemple : Email sent from [email protected] but replies should be received by [email protected]

This would mean adding the info in the header object (cf. REST Resource: users.messages  |  Gmail API  |  Google Developers)

Hope this is clear

Thanks team :pray::pray:

EDIT : This might be available on [email protected] but I am using the cloud hosted version so I can’t confirm.
If it’s the case, let me know & I’ll archive the topic.

Hey @Mathieu_Brun-Picard,

Welcome to the community :tada:

I just checked and it doesn’t look like reply to was included in the recent change to the GMail node.

Thanks @Jon for letting me know.

I don’t think it’s a big change to implement (cf. this previous PR : ⚡ Add sender name parameter by RicardoE105 · Pull Request #2038 · n8n-io/n8n · GitHub) but I am not comfortable enough to do a PR on n8n repo

It doesn’t look like it would be a massive change but we still have to set a priority and assign someone to work on it which is normally done based on the amount of votes.

I will have a quick chat with our product team later today / tomorrow morning and see what they think about getting it added sooner rather than later.

1 Like

Thanks @Jon that would be really helpful.

I’m switching a worflow from Zapier to n8n and I can’t finish the transfer unless I have this option which seems fairly easy to implement

1 Like

@Jon any update on this ?
Thanks

I forgot to mention it at the node meeting, I have just added it as a reminder for next weeks although I may take a quick look over the weekend and see if it is something that I can sneak in.