Google Calendar trigger not fetching test events 😕

Describe the problem/error/question

The Google Calendar trigger for Update or Created events is not fetching test events correctly. Sometimes no output at all.

It’s the first node of the workflow. I haven’t even built anything yet.

When I change to another calendar, I can get some events from YEARS ago. Like 2014 and 2019.

I’ve already checked the credentials and everything seems to be authorized. I can even create events and update them.

What is the error message (if any)?

ERROR: No data with the current filter could be found
{

"message": "No data with the current filter could be found"

}
NodeApiError: No data with the current filter could be found
    at Object.poll (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Google/Calendar/GoogleCalendarTrigger.node.js:188:19)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:664:32)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:631:53

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:1.4.1
  • Database (default: SQLite)
  • Running n8n via: Docker
  • Operating system: Ubuntu

Hi @gmsalomao2, I am very sorry for the trouble. Can you confirm if you own this calendar and how exactly you’ve created this calendar (e.g. is this a freshly created regular calendar, a calendar share by someone else, a calendar created through URL import)?

And are you also seeing problems for production executions?

This calendar was created by me. It’s brand new and I own it.

I don’t know about the production executions because I couldn’t build the workflow. Without a test event to examine the data structure, it’s currently beyond my capabilities.

Perhaps you can simply activate your workflow, then create a new even in your Google Calendar and once the polling interval has passed check your execution list to see if the execution was successful? Your workflow doesn’t need to do anything productive just yet, having the trigger node by itself should be enough :slight_smile:

I am just trying to understand if this problem is limited to manual executions or also affecting production executions for you.

Got it!

It works:

The event was retrieved successfully

2 Likes

Great news! In this case I’d suggest you do the following:

1. Copy the JSON data from your production execution
  2. Open the workflow for editing, then click on “insert test data” on your trigger node:
  3. Paste the JSON data copied in step 1 and click Save

Afterwards you should have testing data for your manual executions, even if n8n itself is not getting any test data from Google during the manual executions.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It sure does! Thank you.

But about the test event… is it a bug that’s gonna be addressed or there’s nothing that can be done?

Hm, I would love to see this fixed, but wasn’t able to reproduce the problem so far. As soon as the test calendars I have created had at least one event, I could fetch this test event through n8n :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.