Google Calendar trigger

Hi,
I am trying to replicate this Zap: Automatically create new Google Docs for Google Calendar eve to create a new Google Doc agenda for each new meeting added to my Google Calendar.
Since there’s not a Google calendar trigger (that I see), is there an alternate way to do this?
Thanks!
Josh

Hi @Josh_Fialkoff,

The only way is adding a cron to get last events on calendar, and detect those recently added today, this way

Probably, you will need to create a date with a “Date & Time” node previously, and recover events by updatedMin property.

But this need some code :frowning:

Hope this helps.

Thanks @Miquel_Colomer! Do you know where I can get sample cron jobs that do something similar to this?

@Josh_Fialkoff Did you ever get this working?

I’m trying to do something similar, trigger for each event in the calendar.

Hey @GeorgeChester!

Welcome to the community :sparkling_heart:

As mentioned above you can use polling to do this. Here’s an article that might help: Creating triggers for n8n workflows using polling ⏲

For some context on lack of Google Triggers, essentially we need to update n8n core to support their OAuth method (to handle expiring webhooks). This is currently in-progress and so we expect to release the Google Drive Trigger soon. Once that’s done, we’ll be able to deliver nodes like the Google Calendar Trigger :rocket:

2 Likes