Google Calendar trigger

Hi,
I am trying to replicate this Zap: Automatically create new Google Docs for Google Calendar eve to create a new Google Doc agenda for each new meeting added to my Google Calendar.
Since there’s not a Google calendar trigger (that I see), is there an alternate way to do this?
Thanks!
Josh

Hi @Josh_Fialkoff,

The only way is adding a cron to get last events on calendar, and detect those recently added today, this way

Probably, you will need to create a date with a “Date & Time” node previously, and recover events by updatedMin property.

But this need some code :frowning:

Hope this helps.

Thanks @Miquel_Colomer! Do you know where I can get sample cron jobs that do something similar to this?

@Josh_Fialkoff Did you ever get this working?

I’m trying to do something similar, trigger for each event in the calendar.

Hey @GeorgeChester!

Welcome to the community :sparkling_heart:

As mentioned above you can use polling to do this. Here’s an article that might help: Creating triggers for n8n workflows using polling ⏲

For some context on lack of Google Triggers, essentially we need to update n8n core to support their OAuth method (to handle expiring webhooks). This is currently in-progress and so we expect to release the Google Drive Trigger soon. Once that’s done, we’ll be able to deliver nodes like the Google Calendar Trigger :rocket:

3 Likes

Any updates on this?

We are working on the Google Drive Trigger (which btw is killing me). As soon as we finish that one, the code would be basically the same, and then we should be able to have the Google Calendar Trigger working real quick.

2 Likes

Thx for the update and the efforts.
Sending you some :battery: :battery: :battery: if that helps at all.

2 Likes