Google Sheet : Why can I "create" a Spreadsheet but can't do anything with "Sheet" (Append, read, clear...)

Hi everyone,

I am trying to append my retrieved data to a Google Sheet.

To do so, I first used the “SET” node. For now I get 7 items and the flow works well until that step:

Then, I tried to append the data into a Google sheet but received this message:

I tried to convert the 7 items into 1 item with the function node, I tried to format the columns in my Google sheet, I tried to rename the range and/or the key row, I tried to first create then append data, merge data, but nothing worked.

Does someone have any suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Lara

Hey @lcda1,

Did you check the Spreadsheet ID? Is it exactly the same ID? Also, does the account that you connect to has access to this sheet?

Hi @harshil1712,

Yes, I checked the Spreadsheet ID many times and copy/pasted it many times too (lol):
From this URL “/spreadsheets/d/1vK1zout0B56CDvqnA3sXypLq1X6HxMQ-KU6ZC6CuE00/edit#gid=0” I copied/pasted this “1vK1zout0B56CDvqnA3sXypLq1X6HxMQ-KU6ZC6CuE00

Also, the node seems to be connected to Google: from my GoogleApi account I gave the access permission to the email account linked to the Google sheet. In fact, I can create a blank spreadsheet with no data in it (wich, I suppose tells me that the connection is there) but I can’t read or append any data from/to a specific sheet.

Kind regards,

Lara

Did you tru without the joolia!? Perhaps it’s misspelled.

Hi @RicardoE105,

Yes I tried it too and other combinations like, Joolia!A:M, Joolia!A1:M1 (just to make sure that it was no typo or mistake from my side). But none of them worked.
I tried different Key row to make sure I was pointing at the right row but nothing changed either.
The message is still the same: “UNFORMATTED_VALUE” or “NOT_FOUND” (as shown in the picture above).

Sincerely,

Lara

Is it possible that you do not have permission to append data to that spreadsheet? Perhaps, you only have viewer permissions?

1 Like

Hi @RicardoE105,

This is a good point. I will check and let you know.

Best regards,

Lara

Hi @RicardoE105 and @harshil1712,

Yes this was a permission issue.
I had to check all the permissions once I connected my node to Google.

Thank you for your support!

Kind regards,

Lara

2 Likes