Having trouble dealing with multiple items in a node

I’m trying to delete some contacts and I have a bunch of email addresses

I had it in a list and then I split it out into individual items thinking I could delete them one at a time

Eg

[
{
“emailAddresses”: “[email protected]
},
{
},
{
}
]

it seems pretty simple but whether I use the loop or not it only seems to do the first item??

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

@bally , I assume “Delete Contact” node does delete the 1st item. You need to make sure it returns something back to Loop node. Otherwise, the loop will be broken.

I guess it could be a problem when the contact is not found I added

but it’s uncertain whether this will work or not and I don’t seem to be able to debug past the 1st loop

actually do you think this workflow actually needs to loop because the message is saying it should be passing each item individually anyway

@bally , generally speaking, I believe you can get by without Loop node. However, if there are many contacts to delete, looping through the items with Wait node added is not a bad idea as you might reach the threshold on Google API.

Having said that, it is clear now from your screenshot that the problem is with “Delete Contact” node. Therefore, you need to fix that first starting with checking the actual error message.

Yes that’s because I ran in a second time and the thing was already deleted so it’s a bit hard to test this workflow

the delete actually does return a success so the first time it ran it should have looped again

I’m a bit confused about the individual versus arrays versus etc

I will try to set it up without the loop but I’ll have to wait until I get some more emails

Actually, the main issue is with the Find Contact node. If it returns more than 1 item at a time, it will break the Loop.

You can remove the loop node as it doesn’t do anything useful here.